We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

Planning on taking a little 6 day trip to Belize... would love to spend the majority of the time enjoying the beaches with maybe a little bit of site seeing. Ideally I would prefer to stay in one place rather than waste time relocating etc....

Any recommendations on what area would best suit our trip?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

placencia. look the area over on gmaps

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,440 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

I prefer Ambergris. Bluer water, softer sand. Closer to the reef.

Trips to the mainland will be all day affairs though.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

i prefer AC too but given the op's requests placencia makes sense.

Hopkins
Level Contributor
783 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

Hopkins: half as far to the reef and c.loser to the Southern highway for visiting other sites than Placencia. As the first post said, check out google earth/maps. One remark that visitors coming to Hopkins from Placencia make is that they feel the beaches are nicer in Hopkins.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

Placencia would be my choice, but if you fly between places, you really don't loose much time at all. And, if you do Placencia and Hopkins, which in your case I'd recommend since you specifically mentioned good beaches and sight seeing, it's a quick bus ride.

6. Re: 6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 03:35
7. Re: 6 Days in Belize...what area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:15