We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive gear and San Pedro

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dive gear and San Pedro

My referral course includes all the equipment, but wondering what I should bring of my own. Wetsuit, etc? Or are things like this cheaper in San Pedro, and I should wait and get it there? I am staying in San Pedro. There are tons of dive shops near Changes. Any info appreciated, thanks!

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

I did several dives at San Pedro, including my Advanced Open Water course. I took my own mask and snorkel, so I knew it fitted, as well as my own fins. I also took a hiking watch with its own built in compass and is waterproof to 40 metres. I dived in January/February and did not use a wetsuit and even at 100 feet the water was very warm with a scarcely discernable thermocline between the surface and the bottom. As a wet suit is desirable and not essential I would not buy one, rather hire from the dive school as necessary.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

Wow, okay decisions decisions. I will visit a dive shop here at home before I leave and get the mask. Just trying to keep bulky equipment and costs low for this trip!

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
171 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

The mask is less expensive than a wet suit and more necessary.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
249 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

AWMIII, I am also doing my theory online and looking to get certified in San Pedro. I was initially planning to do both open water and confined dive while in Belize, but after reading this thread I am rethinking the confined pool dive. I am also in Philadelphia area, which dive shop would you recommend.

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
171 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

Aqua Hut in Ardmore. They swim at St Joes. I know they are there this weekend. Call 610-642-1920. Ask for Rich. Tell him that Bill M. sent you. I am helping teach on Sunday this weekend.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
249 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

Thank you! I just spoke to Rich and I am all set for class this weekend..

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

The power of trip advisor!

B.

18. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:15