We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive gear and San Pedro

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dive gear and San Pedro

My referral course includes all the equipment, but wondering what I should bring of my own. Wetsuit, etc? Or are things like this cheaper in San Pedro, and I should wait and get it there? I am staying in San Pedro. There are tons of dive shops near Changes. Any info appreciated, thanks!

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

I did several dives at San Pedro, including my Advanced Open Water course. I took my own mask and snorkel, so I knew it fitted, as well as my own fins. I also took a hiking watch with its own built in compass and is waterproof to 40 metres. I dived in January/February and did not use a wetsuit and even at 100 feet the water was very warm with a scarcely discernable thermocline between the surface and the bottom. As a wet suit is desirable and not essential I would not buy one, rather hire from the dive school as necessary.

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

Wow, okay decisions decisions. I will visit a dive shop here at home before I leave and get the mask. Just trying to keep bulky equipment and costs low for this trip!

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

The mask is less expensive than a wet suit and more necessary.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
249 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

AWMIII, I am also doing my theory online and looking to get certified in San Pedro. I was initially planning to do both open water and confined dive while in Belize, but after reading this thread I am rethinking the confined pool dive. I am also in Philadelphia area, which dive shop would you recommend.

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Belize
Belize
Central America
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

Aqua Hut in Ardmore. They swim at St Joes. I know they are there this weekend. Call 610-642-1920. Ask for Rich. Tell him that Bill M. sent you. I am helping teach on Sunday this weekend.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
249 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

Thank you! I just spoke to Rich and I am all set for class this weekend..

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

The power of trip advisor!

B.

18. Re: Dive gear and San Pedro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:15