We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corozal Jeep rentals.

1 post
Save Topic
Corozal Jeep rentals.

Next month I plan to spend about ten days in the Corozal area looking at real estate and will need a vehicle. Are there inexpensive rentals in Corozal, or, should I rent in Belize City when I arrive and make the drive to Corozal.?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Corozal Jeep rentals.

I know of only one car rental company at Corozal -- Riverol, located a couple of km north of town on the highway to the northern border (don't know prices). The Yellow Pages also lists VIP but I don't know anything about them. Here's the link to Belize Telemedia where you can find the Yellow Pages...

http://belizeyp.com/Belize/car%20rental

There are many more rental companies in BC, so you have more choice. I'd also suggest renting in BC so you can drive to Corozal. What's your other option for getting to Corozal?

If you stay in town, you won't need a 4-wheel drive, but the road to Consejo can be VERY rough -- I'd prefer a 4-wheel drive vehicle. And the roads around Copper Bank, Chunox & Progresso can be rough.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corozal Jeep rentals.

…we were just in Corozal and bought a house. So excited.

We used VIP in corozal. The owners name is Henry and he has lots of useful insights.

We did not rent the vehicle, but just got picked up whenever we wanted to go somewhere.

I think VIP will rent a car for $90USD a day. Probably take less if you offer. One thing I forgot to mention to Henry was he needs a new receptionist though. For some reason she likes to hang up on you mid sentence.

Back in Canada now but can't wait to enjoy the sun again in our new house.

Todd

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corozal Jeep rentals.

May I ask why you choose Belize to buy??? I hear Costa Rica is the place? Just curious? Is Belize cheaper? Thanks

4. Re: Corozal Jeep rentals.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2018, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Belize City