We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling operators near Belize City

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
188 posts
302 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling operators near Belize City

We've got a 8AM to 7 PM cruise stop; our ship the Riviera has 1200 passengers; I can't recall the last time I was at Belize, but I assume we will be tendering in. That being said I have my heart set on snorkeling if there is good snorkeling to be had that can be arranged from Belize City; can anyone give me an assessment on that and any direction on local operaotes? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
618 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

Try Coral Breeze. One problem though is sometimes they cancel if they can't get enough people.

As a back up plan just take the next ferry, or Tropic Air flight, to Caye Caulker. Do a half day excision out to the Coral Gardens at the Reef just off the island. Then take ferry or flight back, easy to fo.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Breeze Tours
Coral Breeze Tours
366 Reviews
Belize City, Belize
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,479 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

Sea Sports and Hugh Parkey Belize dive adventure

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
188 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

ThanksTheresa; we will check out Tropic Air; as to the Ferry do you have any idea how often they run and the time the trip takes?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
188 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

Thanks Katie, I will check them out.

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
618 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

The ferry to Caye Caulker is about 45 min from Belize City. The docks are not far from the cruise port. You can find the schedules by googling websites for Ocean Ferry and San Pedro Express. I've used both companies, no problems with either.

Mentioned in this post
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,479 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
188 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

Thanks; would you recommend staying there or going to Hol Chan Marine Center?

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
618 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

The only way you have time to get to Ambergis Caye is if you fly. It's further from Belize City. I've snorkeled both off of Caye Caulker and off Ambergis. Hol Chan is better but we have snorkeled all over the Caribbean. Caye Caulker is still among the very best we've seen. The Reef is very healthy and full of life.

You can also get the Sharks and Rays experience at both.

If you decide to fly or ferry to Caye Caulker, I can highly recommend Caveman Snorkel. He runs a first class outfit.

Mentioned in this post
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,479 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
188 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

Thanks Theresa; done bothRays and Sting Rays before and sharks in Tahiti, so we're just looking for good snorkeling hopefully in an uncrowded environment; I will check out Caveman Snorkel.

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
618 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

How many of you will there be? While Caveman caters to the wishes of customers, if you're needing to be with a regular group tour they normally go to Shark/Ray Alley.

If you want a lot of snorkeling you could tell him you want more snorkel stops and skip the sea horses and the tarpon. You can easily do that on your own while on the island.

Caye Caulker is our favorite place in the world.

Mentioned in this post
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,479 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
10. Re: Snorkeling operators near Belize City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2018, 00:18