We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do when in Belize City for one day.

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pisgah Forest...
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What to do when in Belize City for one day.

We're on a cruise and will spend one day in Belize City. Can you suggest outings for adults and children? I'd like to avoid the expensive cruise excursions. Is it easy to do things on our own? Have any of you been to Bacab Jungle Park? I heard one negative report and would like to learn more about it and the various attractions, good and bad. Thank you so much!

Pisgah Forest...
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do when in Belize City for one day.

I've been reading some posts that lead me to believe we should not spend time in Belize City. What would you suggest we do in Belize with only several hours to spend? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do when in Belize City for one day.

Belize City is pretty much a dump. The real Belize starts well inland, or well to the south. That's the problem with a cruse is you really don't get to see the country due to such limited time on land.

You can get better deals on excursions with local operators, but going through your ship at least guarantees you that they won't leave without you should it run late.

What are your interests? The Belize Zoo, Mayan sites, wildlife, local culture, etc.?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do when in Belize City for one day.

Bacab could be fun, as could the zoo, or cave tubing and zip lining.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do when in Belize City for one day.

Old Belize is a safe family beach destination with water slides, US style restaurant, museum etc.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do when in Belize City for one day.

Our resort (Turneffe Island Resort) arranged a river tour for us from Belize City. The tour was arranged through Guerrero's Charter service 501-227-6058. We had a great time. Saw plenty of crocs, howler monkeys, manatees, bats, red and spiked iguana etc... Tony was the captain and a lot of fun. Totally worth every penny.

6. Re: What to do when in Belize City for one day.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 18:40