We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry transport between Belize City/Puerto Cortes, Honduras

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry transport between Belize City/Puerto Cortes, Honduras

We're a Canadian couple living in Copan Ruinas, heading over to Belize later this month for a little tourist time. We are thinking of working our way up from Punta Gorda to Belize City by bus, but then making our way back to Honduras on the Pride of Belize ferry that runs between Belize City and Puerto Cortes, Honduras. However, the Web site is no longer functioning and I'm hoping someone has current information about this ferry/water taxi - is it still running, does it do runs every day or only once in a while, anything we need to know before taking it (like taking Dramamine because it's a rock-and-roll ride, etc).

32 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,442 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Ferry transport between Belize City/Puerto Cortes, Honduras

This is excellent - very helpful! I think you should start a new thread with something like 'My experience: Cancun to Utila by land and sea' in the subject line. You could post it on both the Belize and Honduras forums.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Ferry transport between Belize City/Puerto Cortes, Honduras

Not as nice, not nicer, I came to Plascencia and you can't even swim a little, the beach is so dirty, the place is ok, but never as Honduran Beach.

Reply to: Ferry transport between Belize City/Puerto Cortes, Honduras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belize City