We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

I have figured you can buy 4-6 bottles of liquor/wine at the duty free where you obtain your luggage at BZE. My question is, is there an additional cost to pay per bottle as you go through customs?

11 replies to this topic
Central America
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

No additional cost (at least not last I went thru). Belize is unusual in that you can buy at Duty Free and take it in country rather than only out.

If you like really good rum, like Ron Zacapa, Duty Free is about the only place you can buy it in Belize. Otherwise you are stuck with One Barrel or paying exorbitant prices for mid grade rums like Bacardi.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,488 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

I saw a bottle of 23 year old Ron Zacapa at a grocery store on Ambergris yesterday. BZ$200.00. We paid BZ$90.00 or so at the duty free last week.

Central America
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

Yes, its crazy expensive on those rare occassions when you find it outside Duty Free.

The 12 year is good too. Not quite a sipping rum like the 23, but a top shelf mixing rum, and a lot less expensive. I dont recall whether Duty Free stocks it.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

Buy your 6 bottles no taxes or fees at customs. Enjoy your drink in Belize. All other rum in Belize is expensive, well good rum that is. Except local rums.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

Does Duty Free carry Chardonnay wine? And since there are 6 of us going - that would be 6 bottles per person - correct? Are there age limits as one of the daughters is only 15.

Lomita, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
86 reviews
6. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

I am interested if the duty free carries wine and champagne and if it is 6 bottles per person? Not that we are heavy drinkers mind you, but any help saving some $$ helps!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

6 bottles and buy at Lauren Duty Free, as the other shops are owned by govt ministers kids I won't support

1 post
8. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

Lauren Duty Free does stock wines and champagnes, and yes you are allowed 6 per person

Boise
1 post
2 reviews
9. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

What about small grocery items, can you bring it-- are there duty fees? We are staying at place with a kitchen and won't have much time to shop. Suggestions...

10. Re: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2017, 11:35

Reply to: Duty Free Liquor at Belize International
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted