We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying within walking distance to SI town

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
319 posts
31 reviews
Staying within walking distance to SI town

Does it make sense to stay walking distance (or quick cheap cab ride) to the actual town of SI. We're only going to be in the area for 3 night (with only 2 full days). One of those days, we'll do the ATM tour.. I was looking at Black Rock Lodge which looks beautiful, but I'm afraid it's so far away from town that my husband (who is not a relaxer) will feel trapped and not enjoy it.

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
51 reviews
11. Re: Staying within walking distance to SI town

Pop's for breakfast, Cenaidas for lunch, and ko ox Han nah (Hannah's) for dinner. All in town and a good deal. There is also a tamale cart in the center of town I recommend as well.

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
665 posts
89 reviews
12. Re: Staying within walking distance to SI town

That sounds exactly what we are looking for. Thank you. I will make a note of these. Unfortunately we only have 2 nights in San Ignacio before moving on to Tikal.

Midwest
Level Contributor
21 posts
65 reviews
13. Re: Staying within walking distance to SI town

Can I ask for suggestions of local tours and local accommodations? I'm very open and just starting to plan for 2018. I really do want to help the locals.

14. Re: Staying within walking distance to SI town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2018, 00:17