We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

Has anyone taken any of the adventure packages or tours offered by the Black Rock Lodge in San Ignacio? If so, which would you recommend for an active family with children who are 8 & 10 years old? THanks.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

Mayan sites, Barton Creek cave, horses, river canoeing, butterfly farm and Natl History Museum at Chaa Creek, Mtn Pine Ridge tour (can be comnbined with Caracol). BRL is a great choice, very scenic portion of the Macal River,

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

Thanks! You've been very helpful. Any advice on where to stay with kids on Ambergris Caye? We want a sandy beach and somewhere close to town. I'd prefer a Tropical atomsphere, don't want to feel like I'm in the USA.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

Start with Banyon Bay, Banana Beach, Xanadu, Exotic Caye, The Palms, Belizean Reef (no pool), Mayan Princess (no pool), Tradewinds. I'm sure I left out a bunch, and these are condo facilities, so you can do some meals and snacks in. All are walking distance to town, more or less. Banyon Bay and Banana Beach are the farthest.

Belize
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

You can also canoe from black rock down the Macal river and stop at duPlooys where you can do a guided tour of the Belize Botanic Garden and have lunch. The food there is great.

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

We just stayed there last month for our Honeymoon... LOVED IT! With kids that age, I'd recommend visiting Mayan ruins, Belize zoo, butterfly garden, and the night hike should be fun. Other activities may be a bit much - such as tubing down the river and the ATM cave tour. You don't need to decide until you're there, and the folks there are AMAZINGLY helpful with suggestions!

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

Thanks. So excited to hear you liked it. Did you see lots of birds and wildlife?

7. Re: Black Rock Lodge Adventure Packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:17