We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

gapeachy1
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

Has anyone ever used Belize Action Boys or Belize Shuttles and Transfers? It appears they're much cheaper for personal transfers from the airport to San Ignacio than transfers through the hotels. Do they drop off/pick up at hotels? And are their rates per person or per couple/party?

Alberta Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

We used Belize Shuttle run by a gentleman named William Hoffam back in May and it was great. We were meeting friends coming in from another city who arrived 2.5 hrs later than we did, and William still met us at the airport to ensure we were comfortable, and waited with us. Hes a great resource on the island. The biggest thing I can tell you if after seeing some of the cars that were being used as Taxi's the Dodge Caravan he uses is in superior shape. I Belize it was $90 for 3 of us from Belize City tp San Ignacio. We also used him for the return trip.

www.parrot-nest.com/belize_shuttle.html

Alberta Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

BTW, ment to say he's a great resource on the country

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
3. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

William is the best! I've used him, and recommend my friends to him all the time. www.parrot-nest.com/belize_shuttle.html is his site.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

Did you end up using one of those two? They are indeed cheaper, and we're looking now and need to decide within a day or two... Thanks!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

Hi, We're now looking at "Belize Shuttles and Transfers" and they are indeed much cheaper. Did you end up using one of these two companies? Thanks!

San Diego
1 post
6. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

I just came back from the Cayo District. I had my transfers done by Mr. Misael. I found his reccomendation on a older post here in tripadvisor. I sent him an email and paid when I was there. Inlandbelizetrips@gmail.com

I had a great time in Cayo, one of the nicest food I found at Las Brisas, this is a Restaurant beside Cayos popular icecream place. I think the name is Cayo twist, Las brisas is located on the top floor of the chinese shop.

I would like to hear if anybody else had used mr Misael's service and Las brisas great food.

Thanks, hope this helps

xoxo

Chicago
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
7. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

William Hoffman is the best (belizeshuttle@yahoo.com). Great service, friendly guy, on time, nothing but great things to say about him. He also does trips to other popular spots in Belize like Placencia....door to door service.

Edited: 02 March 2010, 21:43
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

Hi all,

So we just came back from Belize, and indeed we used Belize Shuttles and Transfers, and they are FANTASTIC!!!!!

The owner is Timothy, and he started this business in June. We've been in two of his SUVs (two separate transfers), and they were both in GREAT shape and fairly new - a rare thing in Belize!!!

Timothy was our driver on one leg, and David on another, and both are very safe excellent drivers, and VERY VERY nice! We had fascinating conversations and learned so much about the country! They were happy to stop for us along the way at gift shops, or to get fruits for instance, and were ALWAYS on time, and their assessments of how long each leg will take was very accurate.

We should also mention that we were VERY impressed with Timothy's business model. Apparently when he went into the business, he asked around to see how much transfers cost. When he asked why prices were set at those levels, the replies he got were something like "this is what people will pay", or "this is what everyone else charges". He did not like that. He sat down, and calculated what he needs to charge to make a profit, but still allow things to be affordable, and that's why his prices are cheaper. His thinking is that Belize needs to increase VOLUME of tourism, and as long as prices are so high, it won't happen. So his prices are lower than everyone else - but for GOOD reasons!!

To sum up - ABSOLUTELY go with Timothy at BelizeShuttlesAndTransfers! We were very very very happy, their SUVs will make it through the toughest roads in Belize in comfort (A/C and all) and safety, and you'll likely have a lot of fun talking to the driver!! We're SO glad we went with them - saved us a good bundle, and we learned a lot!

PS: I should mention that we also emailed this William guy that everyone recommends, but he couldn't do our transfers because they don't have cars that can handle bad roads.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

The bus system in Belize is very reliable and CHEAP!

The taxi from airport to the bus station is $25 US total (set price).

The bus from Belize City to San Ignacio was like $6 Belize each ($3 US).

They will put your luggage in the back of the bus. You can sit with it if you want, and there are luggage racks for small backpacks.

gapeachy1
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: Transfers from Belize Airport to San Ignacio

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We ended up using William for our transfers to and from San Ignacio. He was wonderful - definitely lived up to his reputation. He told us so much about the country, pointed out interesting things along the way, stopped at places we wanted to see, and got us to our destinations on time and safely. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.