We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inshore or river fishing charter advice?

Parrish, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Inshore or river fishing charter advice?

We (wife and I) are going to be in Puerto Jiménez mid June and was looking for advice on good charter fishing options? Not looking for offshore stuff since we prefer inshore for roosters or Snook. Fly fishing would be optimal if possible? I sent info requests to 2 places already with no replies... All advice is appreciated!

Any decent fishing from the beach in PJ/Osa area?

Edited: 03 June 2015, 10:27
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,442 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Inshore or river fishing charter advice?

In your case nice that you are trying already…but the best is once you are at PJ..to ask around…you may be even saving money and time…deaing directly with real fishermen not just middle people…

roadadvisor

Parrish, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Inshore or river fishing charter advice?

Thank you for the info and response roadadvisor. Are there many options in PJ for this type of fishing? I have since received a response from Sierpe fishing company with rates and availability. Are they a worthwhile company to use?

I may reserve one day, then pick another day to look for local opportunities as you suggested. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,442 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Inshore or river fishing charter advice?

What you are looking for is n to hard to find…just be sure of life jackets and if possible check the boat first…but options are there….I m not to familiar with Sierpe fishing…but I think your idea of charter just one day and see what happens I think I will do the same…

Please feel free to ask any other question here at the forum…we love to answer nice questions…

roadadvisor

4. Re: Inshore or river fishing charter advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2016, 01:17