We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

We will be visiting again this April, but staying at Infinity Bay which has an included airport ride to the condo. That means we will save some cash, but will not be stopping at the grocery on the way. Don't want to spend too much taking a taxi back to the store. I was thinking of getting the basics by walking to Mangiamos. Having not visited there previously, do they carry bread, eggs, milk, etc.? My other thought would be to take a water taxi to West End, but I would need to go by myself because my hubby has issues walking the piers to catch them. Also, not sure how far the grocery the store is. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Diamonds International
Gift & Speciality Shops, Shopping Malls
Karma Jewelry Design
Gift & Speciality Shops
Roatan Rum Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
9 replies to this topic
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

Why not just spend a bit more and get your own ride from the airport and stop at Eldons, The extra cost will be offset but the savings. Everything in West Bay will be more expensive and you will have few choices

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

Thanks. Had considered that, but wasn't sure using Mangiamos for groceries was more expensive than the cost of the taxi added to the grocery bill. Would Mangiamos be so much more expensive that it would be cheaper to use a taxi?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

To truly answer the question we would not only have to know your list of items but we would also have to know the prices from Mangiamo.

Perhaps, email Mangiamo with your list, see if they can come up with a total. Then ask here was people have paid for the taxi and the stop at Eldon's. This is the only way I know to get you an complete answer.

I do the whole thing differently, I walk into Coxen Hole from the airport to catch the min bus to West End, then take the Water taxi to West Bay. When I need food I reverse it, water taxi. mini bus. Cost me all of $4.50 to get to Coxen Hole.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

Are there companies that will deliver groceries to condos like I have seen on other islands? Walking is not an option for my hubby unfortunately especially with luggage.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

There was, I have no idea if she is still in business, if she is I can't see her being less expensive than paying a taxi to stop at Eldon's. Infinity may know, shoot them an email..they may even offer the service.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

If you're picky about bread (ie non-white), your choice would be to go to Eldon's or ask Lisa of Fresh Bakery to bake a loaf for you. I don't know if she delivers to West Bay. She makes a trip to dive shops in West End every day.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Bread they sell at the convenience stores or small supermarkets, ie Woody's in West End is either plain white or too sweet (more of a dessert and not suitable for sandwiches). You might be able to find hot dog buns on some days.

winneconne,wi
Level Contributor
301 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

sparks389,

We always found it cheaper to do an airport pick up with a stop at Eldon's on the way to Infinity Bay for supplies. We use George Lemus from www.roatancustomtours.com for our transportation needs, and chances are even with a stop at Eldon's you will still beat the shuttle to Infinity Bay.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

Thanks all. I did some more research and found a comment about how long it took before everyone and their luggage was aboard the shuttle to IB, so a taxi might be faster. So, it depends on how many are on exciting the airport for IB at that time. Someone also said they gave the shuttle driver a tip to take all of the passengers to the grocery.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans

Now that would suck, waiting for a van load of people to shop an unfamiliar grocery store trying to figure out costs and ask in Spanish where things are

Reply to: Infinity Bay- grocery shopping with included airport trans
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted