We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medication

Milford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Medication

Hi, i usually pack my daily medications in a travel pill planner rather than taking in large prescroption bottles when we go on vacation.

Will this be an issue when arriving in Roatan? Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Dover, Ohio
Level Contributor
376 posts
174 reviews
1. Re: Medication

It never has been for me, but that is taking a risk. Not having your prescription medications in bottles indicating it is your prescription could mean that they could be taken from you. If you want to be sure, just keep them in the original bottles.

California
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
332 reviews
2. Re: Medication

Maybe because I am a Senior Citizen they don't care? We have been to Roatan many times and I just put them all into one bottle mixed up. Keep in my on board back pack. I always seem to be the one who gets their bag looked thru but never my back pack and never an issue.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Medication

You may want to look at any posts on the www. On how you are required to travel with medications.... Legally even as you leave your own country you must prove ALL MEDS are prescribed by a doctor and you must prove they are yours ...the only way customs and law enforcement can see this is by reading the bottle info on the prescription label....not worth the chance of getting checked at any customs ...created a big headache and lost time getting in and out of airports and countries and may cause missed connection flights

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Medication

As far as the original question is concerned, you will not have issue at Roatan Customs unless it looks like some type of pharmacy warehouse where you may be selling stuff, but then you could be questioned if you brought a bunch of anything they think you may sell. None of the prescription/bottle label stuff applies here as there are no written prescriptions and drugs dispensed into pill bottles, everything is OTC

Edited: 19 January 2018, 09:37
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Medication

But you do have to clear customs in your own country and clear security checks too

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Medication

You do not clear customs when leaving US, Maybe other countries do it different , you simply clear security and TSA is not concerned with prescriptions

Milford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Medication

Thanks. Just 10 days of very common medications.

Reply to: Medication
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Roatan