We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good itinerary for two weeks??

Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Topic
Good itinerary for two weeks??

Day 1/2, July 25 arrive after overnight and take charter directly to Roatan

25,26,27,28 stay at bananarama (booked)

29th stay somewhere else until 31st ( on Roatan maybe?)

1st or 1st/2nd stay on Cayos Cochinos

3rd, 4th stay at villa Pico bonito/la ceiba

5th, 6th stay maybe at tela or somewhere ‘on the way’ to San Pedro sulo airport.

7th- depart at 6pm back to the states.

What do you think? We are going with our six-year old well-traveled little girl. We like beach towns, rain forest, no Americanized places, no all-inclusive’s, eat where locals eat. Exploring on our own or if needed a small shorter individual ‘tour’ I haven’t done much research on this trip yet since husband hasn’t found an actual book, travel guide ( any suggestions on a website I can print? He’s old school) we want to snorkel, walk around, zip line, do an easy ‘float’ in jungle, horseback ride, place with a pool during part of trip, see some animals, possibly find a local with boat and fish.

Thank you!!

18 replies to this topic
Kootenays
Level Contributor
505 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

There are several guide books on Honduras if you're looking for one. Moon, Lonely Planet., Footprint.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

Americanized maybe a perception thing, but there is nothing Honduran about West Bay Beach, and nothing Honduran about Bananarama. I doubt the locals can even afford to eat in West Bay. Certainly the food is all Americanized.

Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

Yuck. Ok, good to know!

Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

I’m standing in Barnes & Noble now at the front desk. They have nothing in stock nor can they even order any of those. Weird.

Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

As long as there are places we can venture out to that would be good. When we went to Aruba I was pretty upset knowing I had to have Dunkin’ Donuts for my morning coffee!

Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

OK guys, knowing I have four nights at the Bananarama, what other part of the island would you suggest then for a less touristy area?

Thank you!!

Kootenays
Level Contributor
505 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

Much as it pains me to say this, Amazon carries them.

And if you want Honduran, Tela should give you a more Honduran experience or better yet go to Copan. It's a bit of a trip when you're traveling with a 6 yo though.

Edited: 03 July 2018, 23:19
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

Nope. I can’t find any current. I have looked on so many sites! If you see a book that isn’t circa 2010 let me know. :)

Kootenays
Level Contributor
505 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

Try searching for Honduras guidebooks

Footprint -- 2016,

Lonely Planet Guide to Central America 2016 (it will have a chapter on Honduras which you could download and print if you wanted.

Insight - 2017 - same thing - one chapter of the book

Moon - 2013 - out of stock

Insight - Kindle only

Edited: 04 July 2018, 08:48
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good itinerary for two weeks??

Lonely Planet may have an online version.

Reply to: Good itinerary for two weeks??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Roatan
Recent Conversations