We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roatan Roulette

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
276 reviews
584 helpful votes
Roatan Roulette

We have just booked a Roatan Roulette trip for the end of March ( not knowing what hotel we will be at till just before we go ) Has anyone out there booked that way, and were you happy with the out come??

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
1. Re: Roatan Roulette

Candice,

Don't know if it helps or not but a month or so ago this forum was blowing up with sunwing posts , most were folks that booked at Infinity Bay and then became roulette in a way. Yo can find a lot of their info by typing sunwing into the search roatan box. Does the roulette include only West Bay options or all of the options? That could be a huge factor as Media Luna, Turquise Bay and Fantasy Island may be really nice and perfect for some they are pretty well away from the main tourist areas.

Edited: 03 March 2010, 19:48
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
47,354 posts
2. Re: Roatan Roulette

A few that have tried the AI package and some did the air only

they all enjoyed going out to eat anywhere on the West End / West Bay

(e.g. having the freedom) and not paying up front for an AI

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
276 reviews
584 helpful votes
3. Re: Roatan Roulette

Thank you for your reply . The hotels include Infinity Bay, Paradise Beach Las Sirenas Henry Morgan and Mayan Princess. I've read the reviews on all of them and they all seem nice. We won't find out what hotel till 3 days before we leave.

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
28 helpful votes
4. Re: Roatan Roulette

if it lists infinity bay as an option i believe its old print check with your travel person but i m quite positive that infinity bay has given sunwing all inclusive the boot

Calgary
Level Contributor
27 posts
5. Re: Roatan Roulette

We took that option because I wanted Paradise Beach (PB) anyway because it is relatively small (42 rooms) and we figured that would likely be the one they gave us so we saved a total of 300 by going with the roulette. (2 wks). But don't be surprised if you don't find out within 3 days. We found out once we met the Sunwing rep at the Roatan airport! And the hotel was Paradise Beach. Sure the Mayan Princess looks pretty nice, and all the activities take place at Henry Morgan's (which has a lovely huge pool), however, we enjoyed the very friendly and helpful staff, at PB, the cozy restaurant and friendly oceanfront bar. Unless you're really picky (which I doubt since you chose the roulette) you'll probably find that the hotel you end up with will be your favorite as they are all acceptable. You may luck out and get the Mayan Princess - but if you get PB, be sure to meet Anna the resident manager who is extremely dedicated and hardworking. We were there Feb 8 - 22nd.

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
276 reviews
584 helpful votes
6. Re: Roatan Roulette

Thank you for your reply. After reading all the reviews, it seems we really can't go wrong in what every hotel they do assign us to. It's always nice to find out before you leave for your trip though to know where you'll be staying. Hopefully we'll know before we leave. Did you get to use any of the amenities at the other hotels? They seemed to be all connected. Also was the ocean water warm when you were there?

Calgary
Level Contributor
27 posts
7. Re: Roatan Roulette

Yes the water was warm. Henry Morgan's is the only hotel that has anything going on with respect to kids or adult activities. Do read their notice boards in the lobby which states that "tues 10:30 - archery, 1:30 kids beach time, etc" if you care to do stuff you'll need to go there and read their boards. Or just happen upon something. They do tell you that if you are staying at PB you can "dine around" at HM or Mayan Princess and if you are staying at Las Sirenas you can eat at HM, PB or MP. PB aren't told to go to Las Sirenas because they have such a small restaurant to begin with. No places have a la carte so you'd only be getting buffet anyway but sometimes a change of atmosphere is nice. No one goes to Infinity Bay anymore - that option was terminated back in December I think but they didn't seem to mind us walking around. Everyone at these hotels wear wrist bands. I wish we had put them on our ankles as they don't seem so obvious and are out of the way there.

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
276 reviews
584 helpful votes
8. Re: Roatan Roulette

It sounds like we really can't go wrong with the Roulette, seems like all the hotels are pretty much connected with each other.

If you had a choice of any of the other hotels what one would you pick ? (other then the PB, which sounds really nice. )

Calgary
Level Contributor
27 posts
9. Re: Roatan Roulette

It really depends on what you like. Henry Morgan's is the largest of them. I found the interior to be really dated but it does offer more than PB or Las Sirenas such as more extensive grounds, activities, sand volleyball court (not beachside tho'), not too bad a gym (mostly weights but 2 spinner bikes which I used) gift shop, scuba demos in pool & dive shop, beautiful pool, which is what gives it a higher star rating than PB for instance. The rooms are older and you walk on wooden raised walkways to get to them - some quite a distance. May or may not appeal to you. Mayan Princess I think is the nicest; newest, nicest decor, nice bar area where we watched the Olympics a couple of times. Las Sirenas has a courtyard pool area with a waterfall feature but for me, I don't like the lack of privacy or intimacy of the area - the loungers line the pool on all sides and it doesn't seem very tropical. It also has a small restaurant set back so no beach view. Having said that though, some people who stayed there were very happy with it - the rooms and furniture are new and high-end. So each option is very different. (Note: the pool at PB is tiny but we had it to ourselves a few times and the pool area itself with the wooden loungers is relaxing if there are no kids playing of course). HM's pool was great though - you should be able to use any of the pools or beach chairs at any place (of the 4 in the roulette option.)

10. Re: Roatan Roulette

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 12:35