We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfares to roatan

tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
airfares to roatan

I have been watching fares from Houston to Roatan for awhile now and they seem to be running about $740 r/t.

This seems really high to me. Is this the price you guys have been paying or is it just high right now. I can wait to buy my tickets but I was just wondering if this was normal

thanks

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: airfares to roatan

thats what we paid over a year ago from seattle. airlines are cutting back on capacity and increasing prices, 10 increases last year and 2 this year. expect them to go higher.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
2. Re: airfares to roatan

Yep, It's normal, There will always be someone that got a great last minute deal dut thats pretty on target with the going rate.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 12:31
New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: airfares to roatan

Actually I am seeing flights a little less than I saw last year, but last year I also started looking later. Never thought I would say that $750 was a good price ( Philadelphia to Roatan with a stop in Houston...flying out 11/24/12)

Edited: 16 March 2012, 12:33
tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: airfares to roatan

Wow. I m actually flying from Tulsa. The same days you can fly from Phili. for 750 it cost me 909!!! I guess since the airlines say it is all about the cost of fuel, they must be using some kind of new plane that uses less fuel to get to Houston from phili than from Tulsa.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 13:06
Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
91 reviews
5. Re: airfares to roatan

a month ago Continental posted a fare from San Francisco to Roatan for April travel of $570, but that didn't last very long.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: airfares to roatan

I paid just over $900 last year and $750 this year RT from Denver. The first year Delta came down from Atlanta I paid a all of $500... that was a good day. :)

I have not seen an empty seat in a plane from Houston in many years.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 13:29
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
7. Re: airfares to roatan

Continental from Houston and Delta from atlanta stil regularly have empty seats but tht has little to do with pricing, Nor does total milage as airlines will reularly have cheaper flights from places other than main hub in order to draw people in, ANY regular traveler would know this. Prices were never better than before Delta and Continental and we could fly all in from Miami on Taca for $200US or less

Edited: 16 March 2012, 14:15
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
697 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: airfares to roatan

I paid $645.00 to buy my ticket from Montreal to Roatan return. When booking it a couple of weeks ago, I noticed it was more expensive to fly direct from Houston, than from Montreal/Houston/RTB. Does that make sense ?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
9. Re: airfares to roatan

Yes it makes sense, Houston is a nain continental hub, They want you to come to the hub and will make it easier, if it is not a good price you might choose Atlanta and fly Delta instead where as people living local are not likely to fly from houson to atlanta on a connecting flight when they can fly direct

Edited: 16 March 2012, 15:55
Chicago
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: airfares to roatan

I bought my tickets last November for travel in April, $750 RT from Chicago going through Houston.

Get answers to your questions about Roatan