We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No more "direct" flights?

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
No more "direct" flights?

This is so odd.. My husband an I are trying to get back to Roatan at the end of August and United has NO flights!! So we tried Delta - Delta has NO direct flights. It used to be we would fly to Roatan with only one conection in Houston - now it appears that flight pattern is gone!! Anyone have any idea why both airlines would all of a sudden drop off?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,621 posts
331 reviews
1. Re: No more "direct" flights?

I looked on www.kayak.com and it looks like they're still offered by United, at least - maybe different days? We've never flown directly there so I don't know the history.

tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: No more "direct" flights?

You need to check Saturdays... I am not sure there are direcr flights any other days.. But I just checked and both are still going on Saturdays.

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: No more "direct" flights?

We just got off the phone eith United and apparently (becaue it will soon be low season) - they are obly offerring Sat- Sat flights :( - ph well, 6 days is better than no days. We used to go Thursday to Saturday,

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,621 posts
331 reviews
4. Re: No more "direct" flights?

Sorry - hate it when the airlines don't cooperate with my wishes. You could still do Thursday-Saturday but you'd have to add a stop in El Salvador (easypeasy) or San Pedro Sula enroute. ¡Buena suerte!

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: No more "direct" flights?

I would - but with travelling with two teenagers and a six year old boy - bne stop from Philly (in Houston) is enough :)

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,621 posts
331 reviews
6. Re: No more "direct" flights?

Got it! We used to go for the cheapest combination of flights and, flying from PDX (Portland, Oregon) that often meant 2 layovers, sometimes of 6 or 8 hours each - meh. It would take us more than 24 hours just to arrive. Now I shell out a bit more up front for great schedules and avoid Miami - worth the cost!

Millville, Delaware
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: No more "direct" flights?

Check flights through sap then fly taca regional to the island 20 minute flight 120 round trip

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: No more "direct" flights?

Flying to San Pedro Sula and then Roatan is often a cheaper option. From San Pedro Sula, you now have the option of Taca Regional, Easy Sky, Sosa and CM Airlines and San Pedro Sula is an easy airport to transfer!

9. Re: No more "direct" flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Roatan