We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

Just to let you all know, they checked my Costco card yesterday when I picked up my car at Budget. So I would have to say, YES, you need a Costco card to get the discount. Make sure you have it on you, too. I was not sure I brought it at all and the agent was adamant that I show it to her.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

<<Just to let you all know, they checked my Costco card yesterday when I picked up my car at Budget. So I would have to say, YES, you need a Costco card to get the discount. Make sure you have it on you, too. I was not sure I brought it at all and the agent was adamant that I show it to her.

Thanks for the tip. I usually clean my wallet of things I don't need. I will make sure it stays in there -- but then I do plan on going to Costco's also so I guess I have no choice but to carry it! Thanks again!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

I always celan out my purse. But we started visiting Costco here in Lihue last year so I usually make sure I have it. We left in such a hurry yesterday that I did not double check. I'm glad I had it with me. The discount saved me $100 on this rental!

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

<<I'm glad I had it with me. The discount saved me $100 on this rental!

I know what you mean -- I have my SUV reserved already but..... I am waiting for a better deal. Right now the deals are basically through the 31st of December for Costco. I think our total for 2 weeks is like $475. I didn't think that was a bad price for 2 weeks of a full size SUV -- but I WILL get better yet LOL

Colorado
Level Contributor
196 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

I have a US Airways frequent flyer number and I ended up getting a better deal with that than through Costco.

Utah
Level Contributor
169 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

The Costco winter/spring 2008 book is now out. The car rental coupons are good through 5/31/08.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

<<The Costco winter/spring 2008 book is now out. The car rental coupons are good through 5/31/08.

Well they aren't online yet -- are the codes listen in that book and if so could you share them? I know the ID# 675899 but the coupon code is not good for after 12-31-07.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
124 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

We did two alamo rentals via costco.com and did not have to show a costco card (which we don't have). Maybe it is a Budget thing?

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,094 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

Interesting. I rent from Alamo and Budget on Kauai and a few other cities in the U.S. , routinely. Have never had to show my card. Even at Budget just 2 months ago on Kauai. Could be the person you get too.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

Just a thought, but perhaps someone who works for the rental company has seen this forum? People have given the codes and said you don't need the card.....

Maybe, maybe not

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costco Rental Car discount, bring your card

The agent I got my car from at Budget was a bit rude, too. I have a FastBreak number and she still asked for all my information (home phone, etc.) even though it is in my profile. Something about my name (Marti) did not match my credit card (Martha). The service I have received from Hertz on Kauai has been far superior to Budget on Kauai. So asking to see my Costco card was part of her due diligence, I guess. We'll rent from Hertz on our next trip.