We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places To Propose?

Grand Rapids...
7 posts
Save Topic
Places To Propose?

Hello All,

I am traveling to Kauai in July. I am planning on proposing.

I have a couples massage scheduled in the morning 10am (on the eastside of the island (Kappa) and a private dinner at the Sheraton at Night (Koloa -6:30pm ...I was told this was sunset by the hotel).

However, I can't decide If I should Propose at Dinner. I don't want the proposal to be borning, I want her to wow her. I was thinking I would like to do it before dinner maybe somewhere on the east side or southside?

I was going to do the Jurassic Waterfall Heli tour, but its so expensive (Almost $700 after all is said and done).

Any sugegstions on locations? Thoughts on proposing at dinner vs somewhere else? Would the Waterfall tour be worth it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

bwright1
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places To Propose?

Personally, I think anywhere on Kauai will be amazing! I will say, my husband proposed at a restaurant (the one he took me to on our first date) and the ring came with dessert. It was very, very sweet but I was glad that it was after we ate dinner. We could just go celebrate, pop a bottle of champagne whatever. So, I think a sunset dinner then a proposal at the end would be so amazing for the both of you, especially if it is a private dinner.

California
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places To Propose?

Why do you think you should do it on the East side? Where are you staying? I can't think of any place special in that area to propose.

The private dinner is very expensive so I would do it then. Make your money go far. Are you doing the private dinner on the beach or just eating at Rumfire?

Order champagne and ask her before dinner. Trust me if you have this expensive stuff planned she is going to know you will pop the questions anyway. If you wait until after dinner she will wonder if you are really going to do it. Before dinner will make dinner nicer.

Your words will make it special and "wow".

California
Level Contributor
592 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places To Propose?

i can't think of a wrong place to do it in hawaii.

during the day under a coconut palm at the beach, at night star-gazing, in a kayak on the wailua river, underwater while snorkeling, at dinner under a tiki torch....pretty sure it will be a memorable proposal....should be hard to mess this one up ;-)

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Places To Propose?

Don't do it on the helicopter tour. First, you'll probably have strangers with you and it can be noisy too.

If you want it to be a sunset proposal that won't be on the east side. Look, it all depends on what kind of people you are, especially her. Some would want this to be with all the bells and whistles over an expensive meal. Some would prefer it sitting on the beach at sunset. Only you know what she would like.

Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places To Propose?

I would do it somewhere private. Maybe a sunset stroll after your private dinner?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
572 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places To Propose?

My gut feeling would be to propose sometime shortly before that big dinner. Get the butterflies out of the way and let the excitement set in. The dinner and the rest of your evening will be amazing. Shipwreck beach is up the way from the Sheraton and could be the perfect romantic location.

California
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places To Propose?

I know someone who had the words "Will You Marry Me_____" written in the heart of rose pedals on the beach by a staff member of the resort. How about seeing if the Sheraton could do that for your private dinner party.

Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places To Propose?

Lumahai Beach. It is soooooooo romantic. After 6:00 p.m. that time of year.

I wish I was a mouse in the "room" when you do this. Good luck Dark...

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places To Propose?

jebett is right - the words will be the special and the wow! A place won't be better than that! Sunset at the Sheraton should be very lovely, memorable. But you are what she will remember most - the rest is just lovely fluff.

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Places To Propose?

On the lawn or sitting on the wall in front of the Beach House restaurant at sunset :)