We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,688 posts
Save Topic
Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Yes, it' that time again to announce the "2008 Pink Speedo Award Winners".

Editor's Note: I know many of you will be upset because your name is not listed. I simply could not include all of you, but rest assured you do a wonderful, useful job posting Maui travel information each and every day. (The other reason you might not be listed is because the $100 you promised to send me never arrived!)

And so here it goes......(drum roll):

1) CADDYSHACKMAN

(What can I say? I'm so modest. Who else can post useless dribble all day like me? No one I tell you! Thank you...Thank you...Thank you very much)

Little known Fact: Once stole a GW wristband and jumped in their pool naked.

2) BLBL

(This lady is so cute she makes baby kittens look ugly. You've just got to like somebody who signs her posts "Betty Lou"! Very nice kind person who is always is bothering me something terrible.)

Little Known Fact: She once went skinny dipping at Little Beach.

3) MSFUZZ

(This lady knows a thing or two about Maui and snorkeling. She moved to Oahu because she heard I was buying a vacation home in south Maui. Just why DID you do that msfuzz?)

Little Known Fact: Once, while snorkeling in Maui, she stood onto of some corral reefs and yelled "I don't give a d*mn about you fishies!!!".

3) DOC

(This man loves Lanai so much he owns half of that island. He has been known to make house calls in Minesota by walking through 2 foot snow drifts.)

Little Known Fact: He wears SPF 50 all over his body, even when he's in his doctor's office.

4) COALMINER

(This Alaskan native thinks it cool to leave her home state and warm up in Hawaii. You just got to love somebody that can smile and be friend while standing around in -20 degree weather.)

Little Known Fact: She once went on a moose hunting trip with Sarah Palin.

5) VCSNOWBIRD

(This fella can answer most any type of golf question about Maui. Oh yea VC? Then why can't you hit the golfball, buddy?)

Little Known Fact: Once got into a heated discussion with Lee Trevino on the 18th at Wailea Gold.

6) LESROSE

(This nice lady goes to Maui 6 times a year. The rest of the time she posts Maui TRs here, making us all jealous of her Maui travels. Very patience person who will answer the same question over and over. She usually replies "Quit asking that same old question again".)

Little Known Fact: Once saw Hulk Hogan wearing a speedo in Maui and thought it was me.

7) MAUIKITTY

(Yes MF, it's your "Live From Maui" reports that did it for you. That, and the fact you're a fellow Texan. Hook "Em!)

Little Known Fact: Drank a round of Mai Tai's with Hawaiian Governor Linda Lingle.

8) BAREFOOTAK

(She's from Arkansas instead of Texas. But that's OK, because she still likes Maui. And she's a talky one. She once sent me 16 PMs in one day.)

Little Known Fact: Has a "Bill Clinton for AK Governor" button hidden in her nightstand.

9) BABALAX

(This lady doesn't post much, but when she does it's a mind blower! You see, it's quality not quantity. Spends most of her time snow skiing in CO. She told me once she likes snow much better than beaches.)

Little Known Fact: Has been known to "make Caddy's Day".

10) SCUBATIMM

(Hey! He's a local and we have to include one, so as to not upset the braddahs. You know who "Da Kine" is. And Scubatimm is a great local too. Hey Scuba, you on Maui. Stop posting so much and go surfing dude)

Little Known Fact: Once actually told me he thought I looked good in my speedo. Is that true Scuba?

I am sorry I didn't include more, but there's always 2009. Work your tail off posters, maybe you'll make next years list.

Happy 2009 Everyone!

(Read fast...This may not last long) :) and :(

..... Caddy

Philly
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

That was awesome man! I can always count on the Caddy for a laugh.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,688 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Thanks Scott! Now I've got a witness (as this post may not last).

So sorry I couldn't include everyone....aaaaahhh

....I feel a group hug coming on! :)

Mount Vernon,Il
Level Contributor
739 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Caddy,

You are the best. Those of us who did not make the list are grateful too!!!!!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Thanks, Caddy. (blushing) ((((((((((Caddy))))))))))

All bow to the great Pink One : )

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

PS the check's in the mail. really.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

I guess I better respond before it's too late. A big Lana'i Mahalo to you, Caddy! As always, you keep us all smiling. Now I have to get back to my negotiations with Mr Murdock to buy the rest of the island, and get some more sun screen on (those florescent lights in my office can give one a real burn).

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Now this is a great way to start the day!

Caddy - that #1 spot absolutely belongs to the guy in the pink Speedo - taking life with a smile and a wink, though he does make us blush from time to time.

The number 1 reason TA posters go to Maui is in search of Caddyshackman

Mahalo

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

hmmmmph

stomps off in a big huff

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Caddy....Sorry, I didn't realize that check was made out of rubber. Well, I did, but I figured it may be more useful for floating in the pool, or you could make your own wristband. LOL!!

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caddy's 2008 Maui Award Winners!

Caddy,

You the man!!!

I guess I am going to have to make a new catagory of "chill". I'll call it "Pink Chill".

Happy (pink) trails, Dutch