We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

Hello!

I realize that the smoking laws in Maui are quite restrictive, however does anybody know of a condo or hotel rental accomodation where you can at least smoke on your balcony or Lani?

I want to return to the Kehei or Wailea area since we haven't been back in 25 years or so, but both my wife and I are smokers and it would really suck if ewe had to keep running down to some parking lot to get our nicotine fix.

We are looking for a 1 BR higher end ($300-$400 per night with a comfortable bed and a pool) complex with a pool and a nearby beach.

If anyone has found a nice place where smoking is permitted on the balcony but not in the room (we don't smoke in our own house only the garage), I would really appreciate any possible leads that I could pursue!

I thank you in advance for your help! Please don't give me any lectures on the evils of smoking because we know them all. There are many things in life that influence ones behaviors and we, like anybody else have our own issues and demons.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

i think that www.hphresort.com has some smoking condos and i have seen folks smoking on their lanais

2. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 05:35
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

The Maui Prince in Makena allows smoking on their lanai's. I was quite surprised. Nice hotel, pool, hot tubs and one of the best beaches in south Maui. Just make sure you book a smoking room

4. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

5. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

6. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I really appreciate them very much. Unfortunately Hale Pau Hana was all booked up for January and all of February.

Thanks again!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

wow what a contentious duo posts 5 and 6.

mamam0338 and msfuzzz *chill out* addictedtomaui only posted an opinion based on a medical condition sheesh

wheres Your Aloha?

as for the post most rental complex's have banned smoking on the lanais or in rooms

but you can walk 20-30 feet from a building and smoke

good luck in your search

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

The Maui Prince has smoking rooms on the top floor - as previously stated, it allows only on the lanai. Hyatt offers the same and Kaanapali Beach Hotel as well, just make sure you request it. Napili Kai Resort has some where smoking is allowed on the lanai.

Very few condos will allow smoking, but nearly all do provide designated smoking areas or permit within the legal space allowed. The condos that do allow smoking on the lanai will be at smaller complexes and most likely found on vrbo - very few due to the laws (some will permit indoors only). Hale Pau Hana was the only one for sure that I knew allowed some units -

A condo near the elevator or on ground floor would make it easier to access the outdoors for the nicotine breaks.

10. Re: Smoker Friendly Condo Rental?

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 13:53