We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon-type website for Maui?

Norman, OK
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon-type website for Maui?

I'm a big fan of Groupon, LivingSocial, and other "daily deals" websites. Whenever I go on a trip, I start watching the deal websites for my destination and buying restaurant and activity deals. Groupon and LivingSocial have daily deals for Honolulu but not Maui. Does anyone know of another website that offers deals for Maui? Thanks in advance for your help!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

Not quite the same thing, but Travelzoo.com has "local deals" which seem to run for about a week at a time. One just ended for Drums of the Pacific luau: 2 adults and one child for $99. Expedia.com also has the ASAP daily deal, available 9 - 9 pacific time, but I haven't seen anything for Maui on it yet.

Norman, OK
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

Ah, so bummed I missed the Drums of the Pacific deal -- I definitely would have jumped on that. I already reserved the Old Lahaina Luau for us, which I've heard is better, but with the deal being $100 cheaper, I would have cancelled. I've added Travelzoo and the ASAP deals to my "favorites" -- thanks so much for the info! I'll be curious to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,583 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

Aloha,

This kind of thing is really just starting here on Maui. In fact, the Travelzoo deal for the Hyatt was the first one for Maui, period.

There are some other sites starting up. The only other one that seems okay is Pinchit.com . I'm not sure how the other new ones are so I'm not going to rec them yet.

Norman, OK
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

Thanks swmarket! I will check out Pinchit. You'd think Maui would be a prime market for Groupon -- I'm surprised, because they've been out here in Oklahoma for a couple of years. Thanks again!

5. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2011, 17:26
6. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2011, 22:35
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,419 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

Nice heads up but no advertising allowed ben!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
642 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

I realize it's against the terms of service, but I'm awfully glad I happened by to see this before it poofs. We ate there on our last trip and it's already on our list for March!

Paia, Hawaii
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

I was wondering what was going to happen to my message - the forum question is asking specifically about a site like ours but I understand the need to block advertising/spam. I probably should have kept out the link. Anyway, if people are looking for a groupon-type deals site on Maui, that's what Govity is.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,861 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Groupon-type website for Maui?

Keeping out the link wouldn't have helped you either. Read the guidelines that are linked in your deleted post.