We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

pa
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Anyone know the dates?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,538 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Aloha,

Dates haven't been announced yet, sorry. If it happens, it will prob be around the same time (the 8th or 9th of June).

pa
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Thanks. That is what i kinda thought. Really would like to go to it on my next trip. It would be nice to know the dates rather than just hope it's the same time as last year before booking my flights.

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,538 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Aloha,

I doubt they'll move it, partially because of other festivals around the country. The last thing they want to do is end up competing against Aspen's or something.

Davis, California
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Its February 1st now and we still have not heard when the 2012 Kapaula Wine & Food Festival is? Does anyone know the dates? I want to reserve hotel, flight now while the prices are low. I look forward to your comments.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,455 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

I doubt if much will get posted before the middle of April. It isn't even on Kapalua's web-site yet!!

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,538 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Aloha,

There are a lot of changes going on with Kapalua. Hard to say whether there will be one at all, though I sure hope so. It would be sad to see this event end. IF it's held, it has always been over the first full weekend of June, if that helps.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Sw, can you tell us about the changes going on at Kapalua?

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,538 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Aloha,

Teri, in the last 2 years, they've sold both golf courses, among other things. The economy hammered them in so many ways, partially due to prior bad management and unlucky timing for the Ritz Residence project...............and they are also still trying to get a project built near the Kapalua airport. In short, lots of plans and wishes, lots of money out but not as much coming in as they need.

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

I would think the Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012 would be profitable for the Ritz Carlton if plans were well managed. Most people who would attend an event like this are the 1% ers the kind of clients they want to attract. Anyway I'll give it to the end of Feb. and make other plans. Someone posted we'd hear by April if that's the case they are going to attract last minute people...bargin hunters, etc.

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,538 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2012

Aloha,

Actually, they have often run pretty late in posting it, and always sold tons of the tickets, even at the $$$$ price. But it's hard to say whassup right now.