We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco Rental Car

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costco Rental Car

I'll be in Maui for 9 days in mid January, about a month ago I booked a rental car with Costco for $270 just went back on the Costso Travel site and got one for $200. You can't beat that for 9 days!!

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco Rental Car

Keep checking right up until a day or two before you leave. It can still keep dropping.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco Rental Car

One of the nice things about booking a vehicle with Costco...is that it includes that one free additional driver (not necessarily spouse)

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,020 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco Rental Car

Aloha,

Great news!! That's good for a few mai tais or dinner, right?

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco Rental Car

I'm going to Oregon next week & I had rented a car through Expedia. After reading on these forums about checking on rental prices & Costco, I checked Costco & will be saving a little over $100! WOOT - Thank you TA posters! I haven't noticed any decreases in pricing for my Hawai'i rentals, but I'll keep checking.

Wanderlust -- do you know if the free additional driver can include young people between 21 & 25? Also, is it easy to cancel a Costco booking to rebook at a cheaper price? Mahalo!

Canada
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco Rental Car

<<<<< Wanderlust -- do you know if the free additional driver can include young people between 21 & 25? Also, is it easy to cancel a Costco booking to rebook at a cheaper price?>>>>>>

Happy to hear you will be realizing some savings with your upcoming car rental.

I can not comment on the "under age 25 " driver policy and Costco booking . I would suggest you contact the local rental agency directly (where you are picking up the vehicle)..to inquire. With your confirmation booking # in hand, I'm sure they would be pleased to clarify the issue for you.

Costco courtesy bookings have been absolutely no trouble for me to cancel in the past. I, however usually go through the rental agency's own site utilizing the Costco discount numbers. Since they have changed the Costco car rental site(couple of months ago)....access for Canadians has been restrictive. We have a Costco membership and reserving directly has worked well for us.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco Rental Car

Super easy to cancel. I just make a copy of the reservation so that I have the confirmation # handy. If I am trying to get a lower price from the original, I can reserve the cheaper car then go back and cancel the first reservation. I have a feeling that most of the rental agencies aren't hip on allowing a 2nd driver under 25 yo.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,912 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco Rental Car

What a great save, have fun with the extra money!!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costco Rental Car

Mahalo Wander & Jaulauf! Yep, Ms Fuzz, I'm sure I'll find a good use for that extra $$!

Edited: 03 December 2011, 12:47
Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costco Rental Car

bazza...

yes...keep checking. we recently got a car thru costco for $174 for ten days. that included taxes, etc.

10. Re: Costco Rental Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2012, 05:16