We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here in Maui-Part 1

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stillwater...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Here in Maui-Part 1

We left Minneapolis Saturday am and arrived on Maui at 5 pm. Birds were singing and the sun was shining. I sent hubby to fetch the bags and I sprinted off to collect the car from Budget. I am a "Rapid Rez" customer so the car was waiting. I just signed the paper,showed my drivers license and off I sped. Picked up hubby at the curb with our bags. Then on to the Hyatt where we have splurged on the Regency Club level. What a pleasant surprise awaited us. (Plan to review Hyatt later). Early to bed.

Day One :Up at 2AM for pick up at 2:45 by Temptation Tours Sunrise Haleakala Tour. Had a blast--sunrise unreal. Yikes it was cold. Even for hearty Minnesota souls. After sunrise we had a great breakfast at the Kula Lodge Restaurant. Pancakes to die for.

Day Two-Cabana Day- I lounged in a cabana watching for whales while hubby attended his conference. Dinner was at Hula Grill.

Day Three- Up early again .Walked the beach walkway to Sheraton and back at 5AM. Perfect time for a fast-paced walk. Continental breakfast and then got the fuddy-duddy hubby to actually walk on the beac and get wet. He is not a beachy sort. Went to Lahaina to explore. Very crowded. Much more than I recall fifteen years ago. We finished Lahaina Day with shave ice from Ulalani's. Oh man that was sweet. Great experience all in all.

Day Four-Plans unknown--just hanging out I guess. Tomorrow is Trilogy-Lanai!! Thanks to all of the TA experts for advice

Sultan, Washington
Level Contributor
293 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here in Maui-Part 1

I love day 2. That cold part settles it for me, no sunrise is worth cold to me. If I'm leaving Seattle, it's warm all the way!

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
41,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here in Maui-Part 1

Sounds like you are already having a lovely time. Yes, Haleakala at sunrise is cold, even for those who are used to the winter mainland cold!! Hope your ride out to Lanai is full of wonderful surprises.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here in Maui-Part 1

I can't wait to read about your trilogy/lanai trip. Sounds like you are having a great time so far. Keep us informed!

Muskego, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
225 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here in Maui-Part 1

Smart move doing the first day at the crater, perfect for us Midwesterners up early due our time zone.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
39,791 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here in Maui-Part 1

Aloha,

Sounds like a wonderful start!

6. Re: Here in Maui-Part 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2013, 05:29