We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight costs

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flight costs

I am looking at flights for later in the year, and they are starting at around $1,400 per person from the east coast. I think I may have to go to Turks & Caicos, or Bahamas. Any thoughts?

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight costs

What does "later in the year" mean? Holidays? Fall? The price of fuel will be a ready excuse for a sharp jump in rates.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight costs

I was looking at the end of November.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,565 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight costs

That's a very high fare .... but Alias is right, if it's around Thanksgiving, demand will be higher and therefore fares too.

Fuel prices are also causing an increase in air fares. …cbslocal.com/2012/…

Boston...
Level Contributor
264 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight costs

are you looking at the week after thanksgiving? sometimes that's higher price because lots of people make a loooong holiday from turkey day.

I pricelined airfare from philly to OGG for $899 just now.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight costs

If you have any flexibility in your dates keep trying, we have had some posters reporting great airfares from the east coast, in the $600 range out of NY. I think that anything under $1000 is in the normal range with under $700 being a great deal. $1400 is really high, you can do better.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight costs

I looked at departing 11/19 and return in 8-9 days. It is a little cheaper to depart from Newark, although I really don't want to make 2 stops, and 1 stop is higher.

7. Re: Flight costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:15