We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this possible

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is this possible

From Kihei to watch sunrise at Haleakala then to do an upcountry tour, surfing goat dairy,Ulupalakua Ranch, winery etc , kula lavender farm, ending in makawao for a massage. Then to Paia? Would this work or am i trying to pack too much in?

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this possible

It is a lot but very doable. You may end up driving home after the Makawao massage.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this possible

Sounds like a full day, but doable indeed.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this possible

This now is my route correct? Crater , ranch . Kula , makawao? I need to book the massage And yes it's xery possible massage then home. Lol I'm thinking 1;00?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this possible

The catch might be that some of those things wouldn't open until later - depend on how much time you spend watching the sunrise.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this possible

Things to consider when you look at timing. The Ulupalakua Ranch store is small and doesn't take much time to look. Winery..do you plan to take a tour or just see the grounds and tasting room?

Lavender Farm I love, I can easily spend 1 to 2 hours strolling the garden looking at all the foliage(not just lavender by any means) and sipping tea on the lanai.

Goats..lots of back tracking, not on the direct route between any of the above locations. It's south of the Kula road on a small curvy slow road. the driving will eat up a lot of time.

How long do you plan to stay on the summit enjoying the beauty of Halekala before you start down?

and yes check to see what time the other places open.

I would not want to rush. What about the massage then strolling through the Lavender farm and winery?

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
19,573 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this possible

How about a massage closer to 'home'? You can enjoy all of the rest at your leisure.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this possible

Thank you everyone. I will not be partaking in the massage that day and we will just enjoy the day as it unfolds without any time limits. What was I thinking. Aloha

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this possible

We've done it a couple times and it is doable. Usually have brunch/lunch at Kula Lodge and save a day in Paia and Makawao for another time.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
39,791 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this possible

Aloha,

Mauigirl you wrote:

"............we will just enjoy the day as it unfolds without any time limits. What was I thinking. Aloha"

You GOT it!!! Enjoy!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,011 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this possible

Oh yes....so much better! Letting the day unfold and just happen is magical.