We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

Vancouver
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Topic
Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

We love to walk, roughly how long would it take to walk the beach walk starting at Duke's by the Mahana to Lahaina?

Thank you

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

I would say about 1.5 to 1.75 hours ... it's roughly 5 miles.

But the beach walk ends at the Hyatt (about mid way to Lahaina)... past that, there's a long stretch of beach, and then past that I think you would need to walk on the side of Honoapiilani Hwy for a short stretch ... per this street view: http://goo.gl/maps/qfteP

Someone posted an account of doing that walk... I'll have a quick look to see if I can find the link.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,545 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

From Duke's, I'd say that it is more like 7 or 8 miles. I'd say "Google Map" it - but they use roads. Hmm... as Susan says, it would be good to hear if others have done it.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

It's 6 miles per google's driving directions from Mahana to Banyan Tree Park.

I couldn't find the review from the man who walked it ... but I do remember that he talked about having to walk on that stretch of Honoapiilani Hwy that I linked the photo to above.

I would go as far as the Hyatt and come back (that way you'll be able to stay on the paved beach walk... or if you want to venture further, continue on along the beach path until it ends ... I don't think it's worth walking on the shoulder of 4-lane Honoapiilani Hwy.

Or, walk to Whaler's Village and take the bus to Lahaina (check the bus schedules as they don't run very frequently) ... then do the reverse on the way back.

Bring water, a hat and sunscreen!

Edited: 20 January 2013, 13:30
Vancouver
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

Actually our plan was to walk to Whalers Village, that is where we are going on a sunset dinner cruise. Any recommendations on where to have a cocktail in that area prior to our dinner cruise? So how far is the beach walk than to Whalers Village from Mahana?

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

Had nice cocktails at Hula Grill and Leilani's which both face the ocean

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

2 miles.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,545 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

Hula Grill - outdoor seating. I would have the cocktail after the sail.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 15:44
8. Re: Beach Walk - Mahana to Lahaina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 00:15