We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RCI member accommodations

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
RCI member accommodations

Hi there. Planning a trip to Maui in 2014 and would like to know the "best" RCI accommodations available in the sunniest beachfront areas. My preference is a clean property with a good sized pool and ocean front with balcony. Any recommendations would be much appreciated:)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,450 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RCI member accommodations

Are you able to provide the list of RCI resorts (if it's not too long).

The question is asked occasionally here regarding which RCI resort to choose, and it would probably increase the amount of feedback if you could list the properties.

When in 2014 are you planning to go? (The weather varies somewhat between south and west Maui in winter and summer, so if you can narrow down your trip date to a month or season, it might help with recommendations too.)

Edited: 27 September 2013, 19:05
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,728 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RCI member accommodations

Yup we really need to know which properties are available to you for exchange. Be aware that the farther out you can request the exchange the better chance you have...all of Hawaii is very, very popular for exchanges.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RCI member accommodations

I can share the list of all the Interval International condo's. do u not have a list or not a member? you may also try the time share forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10700-Timeshar…

these are II

www.intervalworld.com/web/cs… Maui

Edited: 27 September 2013, 20:04
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,728 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RCI member accommodations

Interval and RCI offer different options, with some cross-over.

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RCI member accommodations

Thank you for your replies. I have looked up a few resorts that look okay. They include Ka'anapali Beach Club, Kahana Beach Resort, Sands of Kahana, Hona Koa, Kahana Falls, and Vacations Internationale Hololani. We would like to go in January but that may be too soon to get an exchange. I figure that if we like it enough in January then we could book a year in advance for our next visit and use our RCI exchange. Would like to avoid rainy season...if there is one! I have been to Oahu years ago in December and it seemed to be beautiful during the day and have warm showers at night...that was just fine with me! It looks like the Ka'anapali Beach area is a very appealing location. The Whaler seems to be a fairly well-liked hotel/condo complex according to TA reviews (all 4 or above) so this may be an option for this time around.

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
41,317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RCI member accommodations

Yes there is a rainy season, from basically Nov. thru April. We can get storms that bring torrential rain and lightening. Usually lasts a day or two. What you experienced on Oahu was typical trade showers that happen year round. Personally, I wouldn't stay any further north than Kaanapali on Maui during the winter months.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
39,865 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RCI member accommodations

Of the ones you listed, I'd prob pick Sands of Kahana, for its excellent location and nice little beach. I think Kahana Falls is tired..........and it's also across lower road from the water. Kaanapali Beach Club is okay, but doesn't have full kitchens. The others are okay--but Sands is prob the best overall.

The Kahana area gets less rain than Honokowai, and about the same as Kaanapali. Napili will get more than either K'pali or Honokowai. That said--most rain is at night (if there's any) on the West side, from Lahaina all the way to Kapalua. Kapalua will get the most.........if we even have winter. We haven't had winter rains for over 8 years now, and believe me, my water bills show that.

Forgot to add-instead of the Whaler, take a look at Maui Kaanapali Villas, the Honua Kai, the Mahana, and the Maui Kai for options for this trip.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 16:14
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,728 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RCI member accommodations

You can give it a shot but that's awfully short notice for an exchange. If you can live with no stove, just microwave and electric skillet, Kaanapali Beach Club is a good location.

9. Re: RCI member accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 00:18