We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter 2014?

Brier, WA
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easter 2014?

Hi,

I am trying to figure out Easter Sunday, but I am having trouble finding anything listed that day.

Can anyone recommend places for Brunch or Dinner on April 20, 2014? I have seen both good and bad comments about the Ritz Brunch. Are any others planned for this Easter? Are they as expensive as the Ritz?

How about an Easter service (preferably Catholic)?

Thanks very much for your help. I know that reservations are needed for dining on Easter, so I'd like to figure it out now.

Mahalo,

Stephany

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,416 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter 2014?

Maria Lanikila is the large Catholic church in Lahaina, they will have services.

The Ritz does a wonderful event all over Easter weekend--it's called the Celebration of the Arts. It runs for four days, and features both Native Hawaiian events and an Easter Brunch.

You are a little early for Easter things............we tend to run on "Maui Time" here, but it would be wise to contact the Ritz now and see if they are taking rez yet.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,226 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter 2014?

Where are you staying?

Brier, WA
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter 2014?

Hi BLBL,

We are staying in Ka'anapali, but we are open to anything on the west side of Maui on that Easter Sunday.

Thanks,

Stephany

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,416 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter 2014?

Here's a link to last year's site for the Celebration:

http://www.celebrationofthearts.org/

Brier, WA
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter 2014?

Thanks Swmarket, for the church recommendation and the link to the art show. We will definitely go the the Art Festival!

But I'd like to find an alternative to the Ritz for Easter Brunch. What do you think of Brunch at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel? Or do you know if the Sea House still has an Easter Bruch? Which do you think is better?

Thanks for your help,

Stephany

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,416 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter 2014?

Hi,

Brunch at KBH will be a fun alternative--they are always packed so make rezzies as soon as you can. It is very popular with locals, and sells out early each year.

I would not do Sea House for a brunch type meal...........breakfast maybe or their happy hour, but not brunch. They usually do a set menu and IMO it's not worth the price.

P.S. I will try and post the link to this year's Celebration as soon as it comes up, too.

Edited: 09 February 2014, 21:08
kissimmee, fl
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter 2014?

I just booked our Easter brunch at Makena Beach and Golf Resort. We are staying there though.. They normally have a Sunday brunch and there was a lot of options. From what they told me the Easter one has a lot more options! It's $60 per person.

Good luck!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,226 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter 2014?

Why not check with Kimo's and see what they are offering on Easter? If you are going to church in Lahaina ... stick around! Actually - contact any of the major restaurants in Lahaina.

antioch
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter 2014?

here's a KBH Youtube video from their Easter brunch 2011. pretty cute stuff, be fun if you have kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0MR09IOXs

Edited: 09 February 2014, 23:42
Brier, WA
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter 2014?

Hi All,

Checking in to see if there is any more info on who is offering a breakfast buffet for Easter in West Maui now that Easter is only 5 weeks away! We are staying in Kaanapali and there are 6 of us. Sadly, that means to Ritz would be almost $600 for breakfast! So, I am looking for a less expensive alternative that is in a nice place with seafood and a good variety of dishes on the buffet. Any ideas?

What do you think if Sonz Maui at Swan Court at the Hyatt? What is their Easter Buffet like? The Buffet at Kaanapali Beach Hotel looks like it has a terrific variety, but in the video it was noisy and it looked a little worn. Or is that a misconception?

I am treating my parents for this breakfast (and my father loves seafood), so I am hoping for a very nice, relaxing experience for breakfast.

Any advice that you can help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephany