We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

Houston
12 posts
Save Topic
Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

hello all,

Were getting married in Oahu in June 2010. There are a ton of marriage sites on the net and I was hoping someone might point me in the right direction in that aspect. If I had the money I would spend it on a wedding planner to arrange everything. Our wedding will be just a small ceremony on the beach, I would like included, the pastor of course, ring of flowers, (doves, and a Uke guy playing would be nice)

Also our party will be very small. 10 people. So I would like a nice restaurant we can go to after with a nice view to eat. I’m looking about $50.00 per person max as my future wife and I are very budget conches. The wedding is a long way off and we have a lot of time but I do not like to wait to plan.

So im looking for a few ideas.

1)

Hotel (would like a hotel by the beach within walking distance of everything, shopping, food, etc..) would love a view of the beach from the room.) Something nice. 3 stars or more

2)

Restaurant after the ceremony (also with a view of the beach, etc.. looking for Asian or Hawaiian style food)

3)

A cheap wedding planner =0)

**Please keep in mind we were just going to go have a civil wedding at the local courthouse, but I thought that since were going to Hawaii anyway in 2010 we might as well tie the knot there. **

Thank you for taking the time out to help me.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

Many of the hotels in Hawaii have wedding planner services. For a starting point, it may be best to look at which hotels appeal to you and contact them about planning a wedding. They will also be able to arrange the dinner. It's possible that with a group booking, you may be able to get the ceremony and the dinner very inexpensively.

Congratulations on your wedding.

Houston
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

thank you, I would like to keep the wedding as small as i can. my total budget is about $800 to $1000. Plus dinner after. I was thinking of eating here after. kaimana.com/dining_promotions.htm#miyako_prom

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

We're getting married on Oahu March 15! The planner we chose is http://www.wedhawaii.com - They've been great and Pastor Karen is super nice. Their website has the different packages you can choose from, although the one with the dove release and singer is not within the budget you gave. However, you may be able to get a smaller package and add those things on. They have been really flexible with us.

For after dinner, we picked Orchids (at Halekulani). Don't know anything about the place you mentioned, but I'm sure other people will chime in. This is our first trip to Hawaii so I don't have first hand knowledge.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

Sorry, I meant, for DINNER AFTER (the wedding) not AFTER DINNER. Didn't want to confuse anyone.

Houston
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

fantastic.. congrates. its a little scary to plan something sight unseen. Good luck.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

Aloha...please be very careful whom you choose. We got married in 1995 on Oahu by a minister who was recommended nby the BBB and we never gotour videos from him...he went bankrupt...fortunately we had the ceremony and had other pictures...but there were many brides the same week who never got to have the ceremony...please watch out for this...maybe check further with the state department or the Hawaiaan Travellers Bureau. Good luck.

Houston
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

That is a small fear I'm having. I don't care if its fancy. I just want it to be nice. I'm thinking of just forking out the cash for a wedding planner. The package deals worry me.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

We were married on Oahu in 2005 and used Hawaii Weddings.net

Penny & Wayne were fantastic....I thought it was going to be difficult arranging our wedding from another country however they organised everything right down to every detail we had asked for. They were professional, friendly and accommodating.

Check out their website as they have many packaged available from small beach weddings to full packaged ceremonies.

www.hawaiiweddings.net

Our dinner was also at Orchids at Halekulani....it was wonderful.

Houston
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

they have some good prices.. was there anything you would have done extra?? what package did you get? how did you hear about them?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Im getting married in Hawaii, June of 2010. Ideas? help?

Just wanted to mention, that although we didn't end up going with Penny and Wayne at www.hawaiiweddings.net, they were our second choice. I emailed back and forth a few times with Penny and she seemed lovely.