We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced restaurants

Which Oahu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced restaurants

What's are your favorite local type restaurants, not too pricey near Aulani, in K'olina.

Also, best place to get fruit pancakes, ie, pineapple, banana...

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

Recommend you do a TA search on Ko'Olina/Kapolei dining options. This question comes up all the time.

There are Ko'Olina detractors (me included) as well as it's passionate defenders.

I think it's fair to say that Waikiki/Honolulu offers much more variety of local type restaurants than Aulani/Ko'Olina/Kapolei. I think it's also fair to say that if you rent a car (and pop for the parking fees), you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

Good luck~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

MonkeyPod is gorgeous! The chef is very much a locavore.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

I wonder why Disney put Aulani where they did. There isn't a ton of outside food options in that area..ding! That is why! Waikiki has a ton of options as well as the north shore if you don't mind a drive.

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

You might check out a previous thread on this exact same subject:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60654-i998-k56822…

There are several very decent restaurants in the Ko Olina / Kapolei area, but very few are what you might call inexpensive.

You might also check out the TA ratings area for Kapolei restaurants:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g60654-Kapolei_O…

Corona del Mar, CA
Level Contributor
48,778 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

The question is, will you have a car?

If so, in Kapolei, you have Koa Pancake House, Zippy's Restaurants and Rocky's Coffee Shop for your pancakes. For other places to eat in Kapolei look at Hapa Grill, Julie'z Restaurant, Kapolei Korean Barbecue, Thai Lao, Pho 808 and Kazoku Sushi.

With no car you are much more limited, in Ko 'Olina there are Kolohe's Bar and Grill, Longboards, Chuck's Steakhouse, Ko 'Olina Hawaiian Bar-B-Que, Island Country Market (a fancy version of ABC staore with deli take out), Just Tacos and Two Scoops, an ice cream shop that has hot dogs and sundaes.

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
41,285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

There are a ton of food options in and around Ko Olina and Kapolei. You will have to drive to Kapolei but it's generally not a problem. Look for even more food options in Ko Olina in the next year or two.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

Thank you! We will have a car!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

As mentioned, Koa Pancake House and Zippy's are great choices! There's also a Tasty Korean BBQ. Since you'll have a car, head over to Pearl City and go to the great Shiro's Saimin! Or go to the Highway Inn, which was on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

Umaga, do you know if the Tasty Korean BBQ you mentioned is an offshoot of the one in Kaneohe? Haven't been to the Kaneohe one in a while, but it was great!

Texas
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reasonably priced restaurants

Thank you!