We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer in to hotel

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Airport Transfer in to hotel

I will appreciate any information about a reliable airport transfer service in Casablanca. Thank you!

12 replies to this topic
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
1. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

Please simply take the exit from Terminal One and cross the road to the Grand Taxi rank. You will see a panel telling you that the price for Casablanca is 250 dirhams. Don't pay more. Sometimes the first couple of drivers will refuse the job and/or ask for more. Just move down the line until a driver says he'll do it for the price.

If you book with a private transfer company, you are likely simply to get a subcontracted Grand Taxi anyway, for 2 or 3 times the price. So you pay more for the same.

By the way, don't let anyone "help" you find a driver or let them handle your luggage. Do not engage with touts inside the terminal building who offer you a service. They will expect a hefty tip out of all proportion to the work provided. Make sure you have the change, an exact 250 dirhams. Do not pay until your luggage is out of the car boot (trunk?) outside the door to the hotel in case he tries to hold out for more money. This shouldn't happen though, but if it does, tell the hotel staff to call the police. The driver will immediately give in.

Have a lovely time and enjoy the many fantastic sights and restaurants in Casablanca.

Lakewood, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

I've read that Terminal 1 is under renovation. Can one still safely access it to get to the taxis? And how/ where does one go to reach the train? Finally, I am an insular American who doesn't speak or read any of the major languages of Morocco. Am I going to be able to find my way around just through the airport and then to my hotel without serious trouble? Oh, and the ATMs -- easy to find and easy to read and operate? Thanks for any help to ease my angst. I am so looking forward to this adventure!

Edited: 21 April 2017, 20:20
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
3. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

Terminal 1 is being intelligently renovated so that it can still be used by passengers.

The train is at the beginning of Terminal 1 down some escalators - there are easily-understandable signs to follow if you come out of T2. Basically you just turn left and the station is on the right 100 yards further on. The exit to the taxis is 20 yards before the station escalators.

All ATMs in Morocco have a choice of French, English and Arabic. You will find them clustered upstairs from the station. There is a couple in Terminal 2 as well, which you will probably see on your way to the train.

Where is your hotel? Let me help further, if you like.

Lakewood, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

Thank you so much. I will be joining a group with a predetermined hotel (don't know yet). My main concern is getting to them. Airports and transportation in new countries for a traveler can be problematic - particularly if the traveler doesn't know the local language. Do many people in the transportation/ tourist industry in Morocco speak some English?

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
5. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

Taxi drivers are unlikely to speak English. However, they are used to monoglots, so saying the hotel name clearly will do.

Otherwise receptionists in hotels and waiters are likely to have some (minimal) English.

Edited: 22 April 2017, 12:34
Barcelona, Spain
1 post
6. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

How do I get a taxi from my hotel back to the airport?

Rabat-Sale-Zemmour-Z...
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

I would recommend going through the list of Casablanca Tours providers listed on Tripadvisor. You are looking at about 300MAD for the transfer

Good luck

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
105 posts
35 reviews
8. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

I would recommend checking the list to transportation providers under casablanca. I would contact a few to check pricing.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
12,193 posts
67 reviews
9. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

You will need a grand taxi for the journey, ask your hotel where the nearest rank is. The official rate from the airport is 250 dh, going to the airport should be less. If the first driver asks for a silly amount, ask the next, and so on.

austin tx
Level Contributor
57 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: Airport Transfer in to hotel

Can someone suggest a good meeting place in or outside of Terminal 2? I arrive 40 min before the rest of my party and we want to meet up at the airport. Thanks.

Reply to: Airport Transfer in to hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted