We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long layover- what to do with bulky carry on?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Long layover- what to do with bulky carry on?

I'm planning a trip which may involve a long (11 hr) layover in CMN. I understand that there is no left luggage service at the airport. My first thought was to find a guide to take a private tour which would allow me to leave my bag in their vehicle. However, I've discovered that option is more expensive than I thought and that people generally recommend venturing off on one's own, anyway.

The only problem with taking a train into town and doing everything on our own is that I really do not want to spend a day walking around a city tethered to a bulky backpack containing all my electronics, etc. My only other thought is to get a hotel room- but I am skeptical that we could actually get into a room in the morning when our flight arrives. And I'm not sure if we would end up really using it. So it would seem like it might not be the best use of my money. But I'm not sure if there are any other options that I am missing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Mohamed V Airport
Mohamed V Airport
Casablanca, Morocco
3 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,434 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long layover- what to do with bulky carry on?

Where are you flying on to?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long layover- what to do with bulky carry on?

Dakar, Senegal.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,846 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long layover- what to do with bulky carry on?

A cheap hotel room is a good option

Note that you can hire a grand taxi (no guide) for the day to drive you around and then keep your bags in there. You only have a short time to see the city so it's worth paying extra to get around as quickly as possible

Edited: 04 February 2018, 19:18
Reply to: Long layover- what to do with bulky carry on?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted