We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nador to Fes is it a good idea ?

spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nador to Fes is it a good idea ?

I´m flying to Nador (near Melilla )this month and want to know if I book a hotel in Fez as I cannot find one in Nador(the nearest being the Parador in Melilla)is it difficult to get to Fez from Nador and what´s the best way of getting there, by bus or train.? I would also like to know how long it would take as I only have a few days. Would it be better to stay around Melilla ?

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nador to Fes is it a good idea ?

You don't say exactly how long you have in Morocco so it is a bit difficult to recommend what to do.

As a previous poster said the best way to get from Nador to Fes is via the new train, a new line linking Nador to to main Fez-Oujda line has just opened. You will have to change train in Taourirt, but that is easy and the trains are timed to make waiting as short as possible. If you have the time I would recommend heading straight for Fes.

There is not much really to see in Nador, I would really look to spend much time there. Nearby Melilla is a nice spanish town with some nice architecture, some of the buildings were designed by an architect who was heavily influeneced by Gaudi. It is a nice place to spend a couple of days but no more, but the feeleing is like being in Spain and defeats the purpose of coming to Morocco in the first place.

Another alternative would be to head east along the coast to Saidia and Oujda, there are good road transport links between Nador and Oujda.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Spain
Spain
Europe
Saidia
Saidia
Oriental Region, Morocco
spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nador to Fes is it a good idea ?

Thank you so much for the information .It´s very useful and I will take your advice.

3. Re: Nador to Fes is it a good idea ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 00:16
;