We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking classes in Morocco

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking classes in Morocco

I am planning on spending 7-10 days in Morocco the last half of December. I am traveling as a single American woman, and thus have planned 5 days at the Club Med in Marrakesh because I figure it will be easier to find folks to wander around with.

I am also very interested in Fes, and the mountains. Many have said it will be too cold, no trips to the mountains, etc. I don't mind cold.

Would love to sign up for a few days of cooking classes as well. Fes, Marrakesh, where best to try? Anyone been somewhere fun?

Appreciate thoughts on being a woman traveling alone (I've held off going for so long because of this), places to try, cooking classes? Thanks in advance.

Barbara

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking classes in Morocco

I did a class in Fes with Lachen at Fes Cooking and found it both interesting and informative with a great meal t eat at the end. The other part I liked was going to the market to buy the ingredients plus learning a few hints along the way.

United States
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking classes in Morocco

We stayed at Riad Laroussa (rated very highly here on TA and well deserved) and it is the most friendly and welcoming riad ever...I would be very comfortable staying here while traveling solo. If you browse the reviews you will quickly see one of the fun things about staying there is cooking with Samira and her staff. You can go to the market with her and then prepare the meal...while it is not officially called "cooking class" that is what it is...she speaks very good English. My daughter did this two days and just loved it...of course you need to stay there which is all part of the experience and the cooking experience has no extra charge and then you can cook your own lunch and dinner. The whole staff is so friendly and helpful you will be very happy there...good luck...

3. Re: Cooking classes in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 10:34
4. Re: Cooking classes in Morocco

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 10:31
Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking classes in Morocco

I have friends who did cooking classes at cafe clock in Fez. They seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed them. www.cafeclock.com

6. Re: Cooking classes in Morocco

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 00:46