We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping pottery and linen back to states

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
614 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping pottery and linen back to states

We will be in Fes this next summer. I keep reading about all the wonderful pottery there. Is it difficult to get it shipped from Fes back to the US? Have bought several things in Italy and they were shipped with no problems. Just wondered if anyone had done this from Morocco.

Thanks.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping pottery and linen back to states

Check out Art Naji, which is located in a small industrial quarter outside the medina on the road towards Taza (the taxi drivers will know it, and if not, tell them you want to go to Ain Nokbi). They have an excellent, albeit pricey, selection and their shipping is superb. I have friends that have had entire dinner sets mailed to them in the States without so much as a chipped plate!

United States
Level Contributor
10,149 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping pottery and linen back to states

This is a particularly timely question and while I am sure that Art Naji usually provides adequate shipping I cannot agree with Chano's recommendation. We were in Fez in May and purchased some items from Art Naji. I am now in a battle with them because the mosaic table top they shipped was cracked upon arrival here in Minnesota. They were difficult to bargain with in Fes and have basically gone silent now that there is a problem. This was a very expensive purchase and they assured me it would be sent safely. Well they sent it by the slowest possible route...three different carriers and since they will not respond I am having to deal with the carrier trying to file a claim. Problem is they declared the value significantly less than it was probably to avoid duty....it is a big problem now for me. As the shipper they should be dealing with this for me but they are not. I would NEVER do business with them for anything other than what you can carry home. On the other hand Mystere de Fes shipped to us...came via Federal Express with proper paperwork and was here almost before I returned home...however it was not a breakable item. From past experience in Marrakech as well as India shipping is risky business even with the best companies and they go silent when there is a problem. I am a bit mad at myself because I said I would never ship again but they do have beautiful things...I should have demanded way more detailed paperwork. They refused to take AX card and Visa is not helpful at all with this sort of problem. Good luck and enjoy all Fes has to offer we just loved it....and do check out Mystere de Fes a very beautiful shop!

3. Re: Shipping pottery and linen back to states

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2010, 00:19