We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rabat to Fes and Fes to Casa

UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rabat to Fes and Fes to Casa

Hi,

Can anyone please advise on the best way to get from Rabat to Fes? Due to work onstraints I will be able to leave Rabat around 6pm only. if i take the train that means arriving to Fes at 10pm. Is this reasonable for a woman travelling on her own?

Is there any other - maybe faster - way to reach fes,in reasonable price?

Also, will have to go from Fes to Casablanca on a Friday night. what would be the fatsest way to do that?

If i take the train and arive Casa at 10-11 pm - how do i get to teh airport (I saw there are no more trains on that time)? how much should a taxi from Casa train station to the ariport should cost?

Thanks in advance,

Ann Dugay

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
335 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rabat to Fes and Fes to Casa

Ann,

The train network in Morocco is good, as a fellow UK traveller in the country we found that by and large the service was good, clean, on time and most importantly safe.

However, there are a few factors that suggest to me that you might be better using a Grand Taxi.

The trains and the stations have no tannoy system meaning that it's always hard to tell where you are when you stop at a station, when it's dark it makes it even harder.

It's obviously your choice. Could the people you are working for not arrange a taxi for you to save you having to find (and bargain with) a grand taxi on the day?

The taxi would at least ensure your journey was door to door but I certainly couldn't fault the train network except the lack of announcements and signage.

Taxi's like the trains are plentiful and reasonably priced as long as you agree a fee before hand.

2. Re: Rabat to Fes and Fes to Casa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Fes