We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Carluke, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
143 reviews
Weather

We are thinking about going to marrakech mid December. What should we expect weather wise. First time visiting also, any suggestions for a well located hotel and things to do please

5 replies to this topic
penna
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Weather

Predicting weather like this is like a clock that is correct 2 times a day .... Mostly wrong.

You can get such a variation this time of year , you can look at averages, but best wait till closer to check the forecasts.

For hotels and things to do ,get a good tour guide book and read it, and check reviews on here.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Weather

We visited Marrakech during the first week of January and found the weather to be very comfortable. We spent the days in shorts and t-shirts and the evenings in much of the same (or sometimes jeans or a light sweater if we stayed out late). It was very bright and sunny for our full week there and was the perfect temperature - not too hot or cold! I definitely wore sun screen everyday. However, we are from Canada so maybe keep that in mind haha... the locals were in jackets and we even saw some wearing gloves!! Our driver had the heat on when we took our excursion to the desert!

Be prepared for the possibility of rain and bring layers, that would be my best advice!

penna
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Weather

And I visited Marakech in January and it was freezing for most of a week with pipes freezing. You just never know.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,507 posts
3,417 reviews
4. Re: Weather

Predicting weather like this is like a clock that is correct 2 times a day .... Mostly wrong.

====

Absolutely

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,682 posts
124 reviews
5. Re: Weather

My experience of a mid winter visit was good weather wise , some days warm enough to bathe in the daytime , some rain too and not bad in the evening temperature wise.

Atb steve

Reply to: Weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech
Recent Conversations