We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

Which South Africa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

Hi,

I'm about to book a tour with Lion world tours. I read a few reviews, but I haven't found much. Has anyone had any experience/ thoughts with this company?

Thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

Just returned form the Kenya on Sale tour, it was phenominal, far surpassed all of our expectations for the budget price. Highly recomend the tour in fact already contacted them about a budget trip to Tanzania for us for next spring.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Lion world. My wife and I are booked for the best of the bush and capetown tour in August. There is not much to be read about the company on these forums which had been making me a little bit nervous.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

Oh thank you so much for responding. We just booked South Africa for the summer and while we had some issue with our agent, we are very much looking forward to our trip.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

I was glad to see Ofmyheart's response as I am leaving this weekend for a trip with Lion World Tours--Botswana Awesome Wetlands. I was actually referred to them by Costco Travel.

We will be down there the first week on another safari that was already set up, and they really worked with us to incorporate that into their itinerary so we could utilize the flights that are included as part of the package. I will be back at the beginning of May and let you all know how it goes.

toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

They are fantastic !!!! i have jsut come back from a trip that I took with them to Kenya. You can read my review under the forum for them in Kenya.

i am currently looking into booking again with them for a great deal i Found to South Africa.

i have no qualms about them at all -- only poistive feedback. Whatever was promised was delivered , and them some !!!!

Kudos (an african animal) to them !!!!

they are defintie my choice of agency for Africa.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

I just returned from my trip with them also....everything was great--excellent service. I do want to state that Lion was not the ones we dealt with down in Africa--we dealt with their "affiliate" Thompson Travel, so I am believe they contract it out (which is pretty common from what I have heard). For our Botswana portion, we dealt with Chobezi Tours. Regardless, everything went really well--all our drivers/guides were on time, friendly, and very knowledgelable. Our accomodations were all taken care of--no problems checking in and minimal paperwork. The price of our tour was so much better than all the others we had looked at so I was a little worried, but they exceeded all my expections. I would not hesitate to book with them again!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

Thanks for the information. We are looking foward to our trip this upcoming August. I'll also report when we get back.

Minersville...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

I am taking a Lion World Tour (South Africa in Style) in September. Looking forward to the trip & I will post when we get back.

London Ontario
Level Contributor
570 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

We did South Africa in Style with Lion World last August. It was fabulous. We changed the tour a bit and they booked everything we needed. I'd use them again for certain.

north carolina
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lion World Tours- any information/ Reviews?

We just went to Capetown and Jackalberry lodge, Thornberry preserve with Lion World Tours. We stayed at the Table Bay Hotel. The trip could not have been better and we were extremely pleased with Lion World Tours. We did add a third night at the lodge and would recommend that. We look forward to taking more trips with this agency.