We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lemosho vs Machame

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Lemosho vs Machame

Hello,

We're planning a hike up Kilimanjaro this September. We are considering both the Lemosho and Machame routes. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice? (We'd also like to hear what company you went with and whether you would recommend them.)

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lemosho vs Machame

Which one did you end up doing?

I am trying to decide between the 2 routes to. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lemosho vs Machame

Are guide was the guide that led the IMAX crew up (that did Kili 4-5 years ago). He has been up 350+ times (he is 57, guy is amazing).

I asked him what his favorite routes were.

His order was

1) Western Breach

and then his two favorite routes after this were

Machame and Rongai.

Lemosho joins Machame. Believe it joins Machame at the end of Day 2 on Machame. Where it joins is just above tree line.

www.bushexplores.com

We enjoyed them as a company. They are a budget company. They are completely owned and operated by Tanzanians.

Enjoy your climb!

Matt

Durblin
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lemosho vs Machame

Hi #2

i just say this, for my self i did both routes, which is machame route and lemosho route but according to my expirience i think lemosho is brialliant than the other cause it's so quiet while machame it's crowd with so many tourist.

i went with (martoursandsafaris) local tour company based in moshi with expirience guide and knowledgable, their prices it's affordable plus wonderful services, such as nice food, good gears for trekking..ect ect.

so check them for more helpful and info. through (www.martoursandsafaris.com).

4. Re: Lemosho vs Machame

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 04:22