We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We arrive in Dar es Salaam at 22.05 at night

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
We arrive in Dar es Salaam at 22.05 at night

Hi

I am looking into booking a flight from Zurich to Dar es Salaam...unfortunately the flight arrives at 22.05 hrs at night..we would actually like to go to Zanzibar, but I do not think I will get there the same night right? Would we have to stay at the airport in a hotel close by and then take a plane to zanzibar?

or is there any other way we could get there the same night? private boat or something? Thank for your help

jasmine

3 replies to this topic
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,939 posts
448 reviews
1. Re: We arrive in Dar es Salaam at 22.05 at night

You will have to spend the night, until at least dawn at 6 AM, in Dar es Salaam. Either in the airport or in a hotel.

Dar Es Salaam...
4 posts
2. Re: We arrive in Dar es Salaam at 22.05 at night

You will need to stay a night closer to the airport and next day take a morning flight to Zanzibar 07:00am or first fast ferry leaves 07:00am. You can stay either Triniti Airport Lodge or Airport Transit Lodge.

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: We arrive in Dar es Salaam at 22.05 at night

Hello Jasmine, unfortunately at that time you will have to stay at the airport. I am not so sure if the mid night flights when outbounding they have a stop in Zanzibar. I will check with few companies and write back tomorrow for you. But I would suggest after arriving take an Airport TAXI to Safari Inn, its a hotel at the City Center very affordable you can check it in booking.com The TAXI may cost you 20$ not more and the hotel costs 15$ per room per night.

You can get to Zanzibar on next morning with the early Ferry boat at 7:00AM or the one at 9:00AM, check in is one hour before always. If you have a TO for any program or excursion as them to take care of your Ferry Tickets. Or if you have a friend in Dar should be able to do so.

Reply to: We arrive in Dar es Salaam at 22.05 at night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted