We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilimanjaro Nature

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Kilimanjaro Nature

I returned from a trip of a lifetime to Tanzania with my wife. We spent 18 days in Tanzania doing a Kilimanjaro trek and then safari.

The Kilimanjaro trek was exhausting...truly the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding. I literally had tears at the top of the summit. Reaching the top would never have been possible without our guides: Baraka and Moses of Kilimanjaro Nature.

They paid very special attention to us our entire climb making sure we were well fed, stayed warm and comfortable, and most importantly safe. They gave us the kick in the butt we needed when we wanted to quit and kept our spirits up. Their gave us priceless advice and would brief us the night before about the following days climb: the terrain, the weather, the route, tips, etc...truly invaluable advice that made us feel completely in comfortable and control.

We took the Machame route - because it is the most scenic, and believe me the views are amazing. Looking down at the clouds is quite humbling.

Overall, this climb was the most grueling and punishing physical feat that I've accomplished, and I can honestly say that I do not believe we could have done it without the help of Moses and Baraka!

If anyone has any questions about this trek, what we packed, the equipment, etc, feel free to message me! We got lots of help and advice from previous travellers when we were planning our trip!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

Congrats!

It really is an amazing feeling to stand on the Roof of Africa!

2. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 12:54
Boulder, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

My two sons and I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with Kilimanjaro Nature in late October and November of 2013 and had a wonderful time. Our guide was Baraka Dalali, who did an outstanding job in preparing us for the climb, making sure we reached the summit safely, and providing fun along the way. He ably managed all the porters and cooks and treated them well, too. Richard was the second guide, and he was very capable as well.

My sons and I have done a lot of backpacking and camping and brought most of our own gear, but the tents provided by Kilimanjaro Nature were first rate. Baraka's crew made it possible for the three of us to be up and out of camp first every day, which put us ahead of the crowd and made it feel like we were the only ones on the mountain.

The food was very good and very filling. My sons would play cards with Baraka and Richard other members of the trek while I crashed in the tent. I highly recommend Kilimanjaro Nature and especially recommend Baraka. He is as good as it gets!

Arusha, Tanzania
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

Great reference ..

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

Kilimanjaro nature is the way to go for Mt Meru or Kilimanjaro! Baraka, our guide for Mt Meru is absolutely spectacular and we can only give the highest recommendations. His attention to detail, care for his group, and engaging, fun personality makes him not only fun to hike with, but an all-around great person. He is someone who I would want to meet out for dinner or a drink without any doubt that everyone would have fun. At the same time, he is serious and informative about the key points. We always knew when we were waking up, when we were leaving, and what to expect for the day. This helped us to set and keep our positive mental attitude and face each challenge as it came. He was always punctual and exactly where he said we could find him, which helped our confidence and was definitely not the case with the other groups on the mountain. It's also extremely comforting that he is a certified Wilderness First Responder, since accidents do happen on the mountain and having a guide with the extra knowledge is great. Again, we had multiple people with other groups tell us that they trusted Baraka more than their own guide. Overall, a spectacular and successful summit of Mt Meru and we owe a huge thanks to Baraka for getting us there in a safe and enjoyable way!

Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

I summited Mount Kilimanjaro in early November of 2013 with my father and brother. Baraka Dalali guided us to the top and me to the Ash Pit. Baraka's mountaineering expertise helped us to achieve success while climbing and Richard, his assistant guide, helped by answering our questions about the flora and fauna on and around Mt. Kilimanjaro. Organizationally, Baraka lead the team very well and as a result we were the first out of camp almost every day! On summit day, Baraka brought both the Assistant Guide and the Head Porter to summit with us, to maximize both our chance of success and our safety in the event something went wrong. I felt very safe and secure knowing that we were taken care of.

After we summited, Baraka lead me through the crater to view the glaciers close up and then ascend the ash pit. As we strolled through the crater, clouds streamed through all around us dropping visibility down to next to nothing, and Baraka confidently lead the way back to Stella's point and into the sun.

On any trip, the food can make or break the experience, and the food prepared by Baraka's chef was outstanding. We spent many an hour in the dining tent drinking ginger tea and playing cards. We even learned a new game!

In short, it was a good crew lead by a fantastic guide and we had the trip of a lifetime. I strongly recommend Kilimanjaro Nature and Mr. Baraka Dalali. Thank you Baraka, through your leadership my family received the gift of a lifetime.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

I will highly recommend Kilimanjaro Nature! Baraka is the best guide on your trek to the top of Kilimanjaro!

Thank you for a unforgettable trip to the top of Kili. A trip we will remember the rest of our life!

Abu Dhabi, Abu...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

Hey Baraka

Its good that you have started your own Outfit to help people get to the top of Kilimanjaro. I truly enjoyed my time and my climb 2 years ago. Its one of those moments I would cherish for a very long time. And I wouldn't have done it without my friend Baraka. The right words at the right time and a massive push to reach the top.

So Thank you and wish you all the very best.

sarnia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

Our group of five climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in Feb. 2014. It was such a great adventure. We took the Lemosho route so 8 days on the mountain. Our guide Baraka was a great asset to us. He was very knowledgeable about the mountain and kept a good eye on us as a couple of us suffered with the altitude. He would set the pace for us and always made sure we were feeling comfortable. Each night we were told what to expect the next day and always fed really well. Would highly recommend this trek with Baraka and the crew from Kilimanjaro Nature. It is not easy but so worth it.

Edited: 16 September 2014, 12:53
10. Re: Kilimanjaro Nature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 16:35
Get answers to your questions about Kilimanjaro National...