We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

Dear all,

I am considering my options for a transport from Vic Falls to Kasane. I consulted a few tour operaters but they all ask about 40-55 dollars per person (!) for the 1-2 hour trip. Another option is to take a taxi from Vic Falls to the Botswanian border, go through the customs and take another taxi to Kasane. Does anyone know if this second option is really cheaper and if it is a good way to get to Kasane?

6 replies to this topic
Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
454 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

I dont think the second option will be cheaper as the taxi will calculate the distance of 70km to the boarder and another 70km return.

The cheapest option will be to look for a tour operator and say you willing to join people going for a Chobe full day safari but you need transfer only, In this case you can pay $30. Usually you will be picked from your hotel at 7am or 3pm

God luck

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

I was looking for such transfer too and had difficulty to find online. But once in the country I found this friendly guy who operates a shuttle between Vic falls and Kasane at 6am almost every day. I traveled only until the border and it cost us only $10 per person. It should not be much more than this to go all the way to Kasane. He can also arrange a private transfer for very affordable price.

I recommend to contact him to ask for a quote and book a sit:

Taurai Whatsapp +263715128146 or email taunhu87@gmail.com.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
232 posts
3. Re: Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

Mostly when someone gets to a city or town, safety is what matters most. That is why before you get to Victoria falls you take malaria pills because you fear for your life.

Did you know that the big tour companies you are running away from, their vehicles undergo road test regularly to make sure you are all safe. And they have all the documentation that allows them to operate.

Safety my number one priority

EMMANUELTAXIS VICTORIA FALLS

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
454 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

I do agree with Emmanuel Taxis that you must consider your safety first. Yes you may get cheap transport from private vehicles but not that they are not registered to carry passengers that means no insurance, the vehicle does not have fittest pass certificate, the driver does not meat required documents such as defensive drivers license, Medical test, re test which is done after 5years and in Zimbabwe to drive passengers you have to be 25 years and older.

Cheap is good when nothing happens but you dont want to spoil your holiday trying to save $20 or so.

The law in Zimbabwe requires every vehicle that carries tourist to display these documents on the vehicle windows so that you can see these documents your self

1. Drivers medical certificate

2. Defensive drivers license

3. Drivers license its self

4. Back of drivers license to make sure that after every 5 years he / she does a re test

5. Vehicle fitness from VID (vehicle inspection department)

6. Vehicle insurance

7. Passenger Insurance

8. Route of Authority

9. Operators license from Ministry of Transport

Torhout
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

We went with Taurai from Kasane to Vic Falls without any problem on 19/09. Excellent service at a good price! No issues about safety or whatsoever.

Rockcliffe
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane

I read this forum item before I went to Victoria falls and now I am ready to report what I experienced on the spot. Just waking down the main street of Vic Falls one can see a house with a sigh "Tourist Bureau" (or something similar). Sounds very much like a government office but it is not. The guy who was running it suggested a price of 60USD for the trip - (not per person) from hotel in Vic Falls to hotel in Kasane. Another person was the actual driver on the day of the trip but there were no surprises with the price. He produced very good impression and was hired for the trip back from Kasane hotel to Livingstone, Zambia hotel for 70USD for the trip and Livingstone - Vic Falls airport transfer for 40USD for the trip. With two or three people in the car this offer is hard to beat. Plus you are supporting local small business as opposed to Shearwater, a monster foreign company that seems to own practically everything around the falls. The other option is a taxi but they could do only the trip to the border for 70USD (after the border expect to pay another 20USD since your are a sitting duck there with no other options) and this is understandable since they have to pay a cut to the owner of the car as well.

Reply to: Transfer from Vic Falls (Zimbabwe) to Kasane
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls