We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to kasane

2 posts
taxi to kasane

hello

I have to go to kasane from victoria falls . Does anybody knows the price of a taxi ?

best regards

9 replies to this topic
Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1. Re: taxi to kasane

Getting a taxi would be more expensive because it will be like a private transfer and will cost you between $80 & $120. My advice is to find tour companies that offer shuttle services from Victoria Falls to kasane and Will cost between $30 & $55 person.

EMMANUELTAXIS VICTORIA FALLS

Edited: 08 December 2017, 05:10
2 posts
2. Re: taxi to kasane

thanks for your advice . iIwill take a shuttle as you said. kind regards

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
461 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: taxi to kasane

The cheapest option will be to look for a tour operator and say you willing to join people going for a Chobe full day safari but you need transfer only, In this case you can pay $30. Getting a taxi will be more expensive.

Philani Moyo

Shockwave Adventures

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: taxi to kasane

I was looking for such transfer too and had difficulty to find online. But once in the country I found this friendly guy who operates a shuttle between Vic falls and Kasane at 6am almost every day. I traveled only until the border and it cost us only $10 per person. It should not be much more than this to go all the way to Kasane. He can also arrange a private transfer for very affordable price.

Taurai Whatsapp +263715128146 or email taunhu87@gmail.com.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
461 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: taxi to kasane

I do agree with Emmanuel Taxis that you must consider your safety first. Yes you may get cheap transport from private vehicles but not that they are not registered to carry passengers that means no insurance, the vehicle does not have fittest pass certificate, the driver does not meat required documents such as defensive drivers license, Medical test, re test which is done after 5years and in Zimbabwe to drive passengers you have to be 25 years and older.

Cheap is good when nothing happens but you dont want to spoil your holiday trying to save $20 or so.

The law in Zimbabwe requires every vehicle that carries tourist to display these documents on the vehicle windows so that you can see these documents your self

1. Drivers medical certificate

2. Defensive drivers license

3. Drivers license its self

4. Back of drivers license to make sure that after every 5 years he / she does a re test

5. Vehicle fitness from VID (vehicle inspection department)

6. Vehicle insurance

7. Passenger Insurance

8. Route of Authority

9. Operators license from Ministry of Transport

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
944 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: taxi to kasane

Well said Philani and also it will cost you at least another $10 but if not more to go from the Border all the way to Kasane. Plus you are now going to be stranded at the border looking for another lift to Kasane which are not scheduled.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
7. Re: taxi to kasane

Taurai is fantastic!! He even helped me arrange transport when he couldn't drive me himself. Very considerate guy and operates on standard prices or even discount for large group (7+)

1 post
8. Re: taxi to kasane

For anyone considering this, Taurai was great! He came to grab me at the border as discussed, and his nephew was my tour guide for the entire trip, and led me wherever I asked. There was never a worry about how I would get there or how I would get back. Don't think twice about Whatsapping him.

- An 18 y/o solo traveler to Southern Africa this summer

1 post
1 review
9. Re: taxi to kasane

We also drove with Taurai and it was super! We WhatsApped him the night before and he came to pick us up at whatever time we wanted. He took us to the bridge, Victoria Falls, big tree and to get food on the way back and we payed 400 Pula per person. Great and fun alternative to the expensive shuttles!

Reply to: taxi to kasane
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted