We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chobe day Safaris.

UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Chobe day Safaris.

We are planning to visit the falls in May 2019. Whilst we will be staying in VF and plan a two night safari to Hwange NP from there, we would also like to visit Chobe on an extended one day visit.

The question is, are there any one day Chobe safaris departing from VF or are they all from LV?

9 replies to this topic
london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
1. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

I think you can organise from either. In fact, I think the transfer from VF is probably quicker than from LVI, although a lot depends on the speed of border formalities.

Try asking on the Zim forum, I know I have seen people recommending particular operators.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
237 posts
2. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

Yes, they are chobe day trips departing VICTORIA FALLS everyday.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
3. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

Sorry, just realised we are on the Zim forum!! I thought I was on Botswana for some reason.

United States
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

The Chobe day trip leaves from both sides of the Falls so you can just do it from the side you are staying on.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
148 posts
5. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

Hi, that's a good itenerary, starting with Hwange & then chobe day trip. The day trip to chobe is one of the most common activities on the menu in VF done by most of our visitors. This trip offers one of the best game viewing both in chobe & on the way to & back on the Zimbabwe because it's wild life area from VF to the border.

So on your way into Zimbabwe make sure you get double entry or kaza visa in case you would like to go to Zambia as well.

Best wishes.

My Way Taxis Victoria Falls Zimbabwe.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
113 reviews
6. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

You can have a look at some of the well respected local activity companies for options - Shockwave Adventures, Wild Horizons, Shearwater. Often they will be selling the same trip but under a different name. The Chobe day trip tends to include one boat safari and one land safari, which is probably a good mix. I found Chobe (at the Kasane end, where the day trips run) to be busier than Hwange and enjoyed my time in Hwange more.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

Yes I know a few who does chobe day trips in Victoria Falls ie wild horizons, shock wave and little Roz Tours. And sure if you contact any of this companies you get a good response.

Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
46 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

Did the Chobe day safari last week. Great day. We organised from Vic Falls and paid in US dollars and saved a lot of money. We had purchased Kaza visa at VF airport once again you need $US cash. We still had to queue at both borders,

For the cruise we were on a small boat (9 people) unfortunately you couldn't move around and it was incredibly hot (approx 35 degrees) and no shade - I would of chosen a larger boat with more shade.

9. Re: Chobe day Safaris.

Chobe Day Trips depart daily from Victoria Falls, from all hotels and lodges; a great way to compliment your stay in the beautiful resort town.

Reply to: Chobe day Safaris.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted