We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vic Falls tour with STA trav

Vic Falls tour with STA trav

I'm doing a group trip with STA travel& was wondering if anyone here has done the Vic Falls to JHB tour with them. Please share experiences and any advice you can share?

5 replies to this topic
Bedford, United...
2 posts
1. Re: Vic Falls tour with STA trav

Hello

Can I ask when it is you’ll be going? I am going on this tour too in November

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Vic Falls tour with STA trav

Me personally, Im not a fan of the group tour scene...

Nothing worse than being told what to do, how long you have, etc... possibly with people you dont really like... plus they are often rushed to get "everything" into a short time, and they often take short cuts where possible to save them $$$

Do you have a link with the particular tour in mind...

I'd be happy to look at it and point out positives and negatives, etc

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
113 reviews
3. Re: Vic Falls tour with STA trav

Is it the “Kruger, Falls and Zimbabwe” 8 day tour? I haven’t done it (or any other STA tour) but a few observations from my brief time in Zimbabwe:

It doesn’t seem to have anything organised in Vic Falls - you might even want to arrive another day earlier and arrange a night of accommodation yourself. Definitely visit the falls, one of the highlights. There are various other activities covered in lots of posts on this forum.

The drive to Matopos is a long one and will take the best part of the day. You will see some wildlife along the roadside I’m sure but most of the ride will just be landscape.

There are not a huge number of animals in Matopos - you will see some plains game but no elephants or lions or the like. Rhinos are the main attraction in animal terms and the rhino walk is an amazing experience. There are some cave paintings and nice rock structures you may have the chance to see.

I haven’t been to SA but, rhinos aside, you’ll be doing your “proper” safari in Kruger.

Hope you enjoy it. I loved my time in Zim!

Bedford, United...
2 posts
4. Re: Vic Falls tour with STA trav

Yes that’s the one, I’ve gone a day earlier to experience victiria falls to the full. May be change question but I’m going in November and I’m not really sure what sort of clothing to take?

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
113 reviews
5. Re: Vic Falls tour with STA trav

I was there in October / November a couple of years ago. The water level of the falls is fairly low in November compared to other times of the year but it was still impressive. Shorts/light trousers and t-shirt are fine for during the day as it will be hot. Mornings and evenings are cooler and you should take something to wear on top of your T-shirt. I had a fairly light jumper which was ok but some folk had down jackets etc. The trick seems to be to wear layers that you can take off when the sun heats up. Down jackets are good for compressing down in size but fleece or jumper would also be fine. Some folk also take hat and gloves - it’s not the coolest time of year and I didn’t find that necessary but depends what climate you are used to. Hope that helps!

Reply to: Vic Falls tour with STA trav
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted