We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from victoria falls to hwange

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
transport from victoria falls to hwange

Hi, im looking at travelling from vic falls to Hwange safari lodges, does anyone have some suggestions and price indication of some transport options please? is there a large bus service that goes there and back? cheers scott from australia

7 replies to this topic
Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
32 posts
1. Re: transport from victoria falls to hwange

Yes, I do! I traveled to Africa this past summer and highly recommend Kativu Tours & Travel. This small, start up business is located in Victoria Falls. The guides are local, so they willingly share their culture and knowledge. I think you would be very happy with them. Please feel free to contact them at #kativutours.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2. Re: transport from victoria falls to hwange

Hi, yes you can get a big bus through tour operators. They can take you there & back if you make arrangements with them. They normally charge $55 per person one way & they confirm with a minimum of 4 passengers & you can have your own time frame of travel.

You can also use a public bus but at their own traveling time as they are controlled by time table & can be much more cheaper that can be one way. So that'll mean to say you will have to organise other transport back.

Warm welcome.

My Way taxis Victoria Falls Zimbabwe.

Small numbers can be easily done by a taxi where you enjoy a private transfer as you will be on your own all the way through.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
3. Re: transport from victoria falls to hwange

thanks for that.do you know the name of the public bus company please?

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
145 posts
4. Re: transport from victoria falls to hwange

The name of the public bus is Extra City.

My way Taxis.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
5. Re: transport from victoria falls to hwange

thanks so much

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
942 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: transport from victoria falls to hwange

Hi Scott

There is also this post on Tripadvisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g47797… which you might find worth reading. There is a scheduled transfer to Hwange 3 times a week. Details are on that post

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
7. Re: transport from victoria falls to hwange

thanks for that boo

Reply to: transport from victoria falls to hwange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted