We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Men’s dress question

Springfield...
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Men’s dress question

is it acceptable for men to have both ears pierced in Zimbabwe? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but it’s my first trip to Africa and I’ve read horror stories about gay tourists in Africa and anti gay laws. I just want to blend in and not stand out. So yes, I’m a bit nervous about this trip. So please no negativity. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Men’s dress question

I can’t see that being a problem, particularly in Vic Falls, which is more touristy than some other places.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
942 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Men’s dress question

You will be absolutely fine, pieced ears, noses etc are not uncommon, nor are gays in Zimbabwe. As with any society there are pockets of people who think they have the right to enforce their views on you but they are certainly not the majority here. Victoria Falls especially has quite a number of gay people who are residents and actively involved in the community. You will be welcomed

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
459 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Men’s dress question

You wont have a problems in Victoria Falls so please feel free to visit this beautiful place of our.

Reply to: Men’s dress question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted