We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
936 posts
1,060 reviews
Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

Is there an additional departure tax payable at the Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe airport, or is it already included in the price of the ticket?

If it is additional, must it be paid in cash? Any discounts for children?

Thanks.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
935 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

BA or SAA flights out of Vic Falls - Zimbabwe - all fees and taxes will be included in your ticket.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
936 posts
1,060 reviews
2. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

Oh, good -- for my family of 5, I thought I might get hit with ANOTHER random $150 fee!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
1 review
3. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

When leaving from VFA your hand and checked luggage WILL be weighed so that is a random fee they will hit you with if you are over your weight limits.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
936 posts
1,060 reviews
4. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

We're not going to be travelling with too much baggage: no one will have more than a rollerboard and maybe a backpack. So I think we're OK on the luggage front. I did read somewhere that there is a significant problem with theft on checked baggage to and from Victoria Falls. Seems a little odd to me, but I figure we'll put our valuables in our hand luggage, put locks on our checked baggage and (hopefully) not have any problems.

Edited: 07 May 2012, 14:58
Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

Guys. Read all this with great interest as trying to pin down an agency or even my own airline (British Airways) for a definitive answer is extremely difficult. After a lengthy wait ON THE PHONE I was told that I would have to pay US$30 per person on departure (27th Aug 2012) and when I asked about the US$15 AIDEF fee they said it was probably (note I said probably) included in the ticket fee.

Has anybody flown from Victoria Falls recently that can answer the tax issue please?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
936 posts
1,060 reviews
6. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

No additional fees/taxes were due on my BA flight out of the Victoria Falls airport. I was travelling on a BA award ticket.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
935 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

If you are flying out of Victoria Falls airport (ZImbabwe) on a commercial flight i.e BA or SAA you will NOT pay any additional fees, they are included in your ticket.

If you are on a private charter flight you will be subject to additional fees.

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
186 posts
274 reviews
8. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

Flew out of Vic Falls airport last month on SAA and no additional fee's or taxes. Paid visa fee on the way into Zimbabwe.

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

Dave, BooPeel & Longinforord

You have been really helpful and I appreciate your assistance. I'm amazed that even by ringing British Airways direct they couldn't correctly answer my query!

We arrive Vic Falls Sat 25th Aug and are staying for 2 nights at Ilala Lodge with a Zambezi Sunset Cruise booked that 1st night. The rest of the time is free but will include visiting the 'Falls'.

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
186 posts
274 reviews
10. Re: Departure tax from Victoria Falls airport?

Sparky78,

Enjoy your trip, we also stayed at the Ilala lodge and really like it,. I would reccomend several of the activities that Wild Horizons has, they can be booked right in the hotel, they can arrange it all. Have Fun!